venom suit (Help)

worked on the left arm today. Seance i have to seal the clay with Kills any how, (before I can use The Smooth On as the clay contains sulfur) I decided to try and see if the kills would keep the clay from completely drying out. another words do the job of the plastic i have been wrapping it in. This is the last time i ever skimp on clay.... save a penny make a crap load more work. The web shooter was to long to install in the top of the hand so i opted to install it in the wrist and make it look as tho the veins/ tendrils were making the barrel hole/ disguising the hole.

The Kills has kept the arm in perfect condition the clay is staying moist and even better when i am ready to make the mold i will be ready to go.

Web shooter trigger/ tendril WIP.

I am using two part mix epoxy laid over wire that has been strategically wrapped around the Ninja control valve.

working on the Venom Symbol today.. but could use some feed back. Which side do you guys like better the anatomical right or the anatomical left

Right...... 20140630_202557[1].jpg20140630_202531[1].jpg Left
20140630_202633[1].jpg Keep in mind this is vary rough 20140630_202642[1].jpg

FirstPick said:
The length of the spider may be throwing me off. It's making the arms look small.

I tried making the arms bigger before but they looked a bit odd. Here are some picks from different angels do the arms still look off. if they do will shorten the spider next.

OR is it the pecks that need to be larger

today has been a day...... felt like fun turned in to work :( .... but i am now going to put some more time into the symbol after reading feed back and considering my own artistic spin I am going with a combo of the right and left taking some things from both. I have decided that I will take some creative license and run two sets of the spider legs under my arms and will continue to run two down the rib cage.

WIP:

Well Not done with the front yet but started to throw some clay on the back. I started this one a little shorter but i don't know which one I like better the long or the short what do you think. I know I am going to sound wishy washy but now i am second guessing the second set of legs going down it looks a bit off on the back. I may try all 4 under the arms to see if this corrects my issue.

First lair of Rebound 25 is on. Wait until you can touch the base and not have any come off with your finger before you make a second lair.
20140716_192703.jpg

Second lair is on, added a bit of SilPig and a few drops of thickener so i could tell where one lair started and the next began.
20140716_231534.jpg20140716_231556.jpg

Third lair is on. I was hoping not to have to do 4 lairs but i have some undercuts that i need to fill. Man a project this large can sure go threw some product.... $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Just don't tell my wife. :) awwww dam she dose the bills I might be screwed and not in the good way.... I will just pick up an extra shift to make her happy.

20140717_004212.jpg20140717_004222.jpg

Last edited:
Man having to go to real work sucks i haven't been able to touch my project in 3 days. but now i will finish making the mold for the leg tonight. I toyed with the idea of buying some resin to make the outer shell of the mother mold but because I had some wall pudy dry mix I decided to use that. I get it so cheep its crazy. i go to Home Depot or Lowe's and find any bags with a rip in them and they will sell them to me for $1. (this also works for bags of concrete and what have you). I have used it before to make simple molds just like plaster but never any ting this scale I will probably have to use the pulley in my garage to safely lift it when i am done. I will probably just use fiberglass for the upper body mother mold shell, not as cheap as the wall pudy but cheaper than plasti-paste and it will get the job done.
20140719_191213.jpg20140719_195945.jpg

This is looking great so far! Thanks for sharing your Web shooter idea. If I have any spare time left I will try and incorporate something like that into the gun. Keep up the great work!

Well the wall pudy cracked at the stress points despite being reinforced with burlap. It may work for one pull but I will be going to get some plasti-paste tomorrow. My retail store sells it fro $99 per gal. Not cheap but right tool for the job.

web shooter trigger housing. I used two end caps for pvc and then fused them together with The You Mold IT from Radio Shack. It doesn't have to be pretty as it will be under silicone but it dose have to be functional.

20140720_205157.jpg20140720_205209.jpg20140720_205220.jpg20140720_205245.jpg20140720_211048.jpg

My Plasti-Paste should come in tomorrow ordered the 2 of the 5gal kits. droped the price down to $70 per Gal at my local shop. in the mean time i decided to continue with the leg in plaster reinforced with Plexiglas and resin. Pored my first lair of Dragon Skin, I hope this pull comes out good. ............

20140723_205418.jpg20140723_205440[1].jpg

well going on 2am and still at it. .......... Man that is one expensive puddle

is hard to evenly coat the inside of this leg... I am continuously rotating it with the straps...... this plaster is heavy i hope the Plasta-paist is alot lighter.

Finished sculpting tonight. Had to throw a lair of Kills on the clay so that I can add the Rebound tomorrow morning. decided to toss a little spray paint on over the Kills so that I could have a small preview.
smile.png

Man he looks weird with no teeth in.......

Attachments

• 20140726_231203.jpg
    20140726_231203.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 276
  • 20140726_231208.jpg
    20140726_231208.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 266
  • 20140726_231217.jpg
    20140726_231217.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 208
Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back