Knight who says Ni

So last week i was doing a test run by my house, (costume not fully done yet) but someone snapped a picture of me as they were going by. So here's a little preview of next weeks big unveil. I'm going to be competing in Salt lakes fantasy con competition. :)

10411970_10152095243177373_8838906607524236630_n.jpg

This is a great idea, love the way "it's" coming together. OOPS! I said the forbidden word! :)

attachment.php

Attachments

• Ni.jpg
    Ni.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 1,247
So, I am the head Knight who says Ni at my local theatre and this thread has given me some wonderful ideas! so first, thanks for that! also, I had some questions if you are still around! How far in did the furniture nails go? Also, which stilts did you end up purchasing? I am going to need the whole shebang! thanks!

So, I am the head Knight who says Ni at my local theatre and this thread has given me some wonderful ideas! so first, thanks for that! also, I had some questions if you are still around! How far in did the furniture nails go? Also, which stilts did you end up purchasing? I am going to need the whole shebang! thanks!

Hey there. I'm still somewhat around and would be happy to provide some information.

Furniture nails went through and otherside about 1/3". I use a pair of cutters and just clipped off the tips after i poked them through. any spot i could possibly get stabbed i covered with hot glue.
I got these stilts. https://www.amazon.com/Pentagon-Too...d=1487622009&sr=8-3&keywords=sheetrock+stilts

*** note, i would advise making minor modifications to the stilts.
1) find a large pair of shoes, open the tongue up, and put it under the stilts. i then duct taped the heck out of it in black duct tape. But this helps with shock absorption and helps the foot roll naturally. (i can grab a pic later today how they ended up.
2) Do not wear shorts while wearing the stilts. they will rub and make your legs blister like no tomorrow.
3) wear shoes with high ankle.
4) if possible, add some more padding to the leg brace to be more comfortable.

If you have other questions, or need inspiration, feel free to reach out to me via pm @ facebook.com/sirnotappearinginthiscosplay

I also made a sir bedevere helmet out of sintra plastic, and helped a friend do their King Arthur and Tim. 10333538_1522975831298207_5320091968425594561_o.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Also, if you never intend to move, stilts may not be necessary. A ladder with a chair attached to it could work as well.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back