Tomb Raider Anniversay: SCION

JessieTR

Hello everybody! I am Jessie, I am new here and I would love to share the process of the scion from Tomb Raider Anniversary that I made for a friend in the Tomb Raider community!

Materials:

• Cardboard
  • Foam
  • Pen
  • Compass
  • Acrylic paint (metallic)
  • Glass paint
  • Varnish

First I printed the images and then drew copies of each piece of the scion.

00.jpg
1.JPG

Since it worked well, I transferred it to the cardboard. It was 2 layers of cardboard for each piece of the scion with foam sandwiched in between the layers of cardboard.

1a.jpg

I lined up all the pieces to test that it all fits together.

5.jpg

After sanding, I started painting. I made sure not to make it too flat because the idea was to keep the defects. After all, it is an ancient artifact! ;)

The basic painting:

3.jpg

On top of the base paint I pressed in the details into the card and before I finished it with the varnish, I used Glass paint in the grooves/details so I would get an embossed effect.

4.jpg
8.jpg

Once all the parts were ready, I glued it all together and added the green gems… Here it is the final Scion:

final.jpg

P.S.: I was thinking to make the 3 parts movable, but I couldn't find a strong enough magnet to hold it all securely together.

Nicely done.:thumbsup
I'm always a fan of TR props.

Later on you might want to try using sheet plastic like styrene, abs or even Sintra or Gator Board so you have something a bit stronger and easier to do detail work on.

Beautiful craftsmanship!
Subscribed - I'm keen to know if you'll experiment with using magnets to link it together. :thumbsup

Division 6 - I will try to find these materials here. But it is a problem! When I find it is really expensive! :/

Hotsam - I will! And I will post it if it works! ^^

Sara! Thanks! ^^

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back