Kuhn Global Ferengi Marauder

REL

Sr Member
This is a piece I made for Kurt that was cast from the original studio molds. I was hired to repair the original casting, then mold and cast clear fiberglass shells that could be built up and lit.

HereÂ’s how it came to me. It had a really bad crack on the bottom, and a flaw in the casting.

Fcompare2.jpg

You can see the crack and flaws on the left side here, my daughter is holding it.

F02.jpg

F06.jpg

HereÂ’s after the repair, I cast parts and pieces from the other side, and also went to a hobby shop and bought replacement details that went on the bottom, most of them being train parts.

F26.jpg

After the repairing the original I made a mold and cast it in clear fiberglass, I built it up and sent it to Kurt.

HereÂ’s a pic of the clear casting.

F52.jpg

And the completed build up.

eF80.jpg

eF81.jpg

eF83.jpg

finalFR.jpg

finalFR2.jpg

finalFR3.jpg

The finished piece is 37" long. These wonÂ’t be sold through me as IÂ’m not authorized to sell them by the owner of the original, but I was allowed to make one for Kurt.

Great work, REL. That's an impressive ship.

Kurt, I hope you'll put a video tour of your man room up on Youtube. You'll have quite the studio scale starfleet in a bit.

Cool..

Kurt, Your collection has really started to take shape in hte past month or two..

Are you starting to display these as you get them, or are you just storing them boxed until you get your museum display place up?

Lynn

:eek :eek The cat is out of the bag.. :eek :eek LOLOLOL

Richard is a true master as you can see. :D

Well,.. I was going to post this beastie soon enough anyway,..looks like I was beat to the punch. ;)

Thanks for the comps guys. With this Ferengi,.. there are many to give Kudos to for allowing or making it happen. I will decribe it below...

Lynn,.. yes,.. I am displaying tham as I obtain them. There are many coming up soon. ;)

As for a video of the display area,.. probably not until a proper display area can be setup. However,..I think that I am going to do a "Lucas" type archive picture toward the end of this year for all to see. ;) :D It is a picture I have wanted to do myself all of my life. It is all of you creative modelers out there that is making it possible.:D

That said... with this restoration and build for me...

I am VERY IMPRESSED with Richards abilities. He has proven them time and again with everything he does.

I am honored to have in the collection yet another piece done by REL.

Here was my originally planned post that I was going to do soonÂ…

So now Tracy has the “restored” original studio casting that was sent back to John. And now it can be used again to be molded and cast so that it may be offered to any future collectors that would want one.

It is a GREAT Day for Studio Collectors when authentic pieces can be produced. These three masters have seen to a wonderful studio creation. I thank all of them for making it happen. :D

I am a VERY HAPPY COLLECTOR..

Thank you again to Tracy for making this possible, to John for hiring the right guy for the job and offering it to collectors, and finally Richard and his wife for making this piece shine... :D A GREAT job by ALL...

Kurt Kuhn
[/b]

Some wonderful pics there guys, your a lucky man Kurt, and Richard your work is flawless as always.
Glad you posted, the truth must always out hehe.

lee

Richard,
I am just amazed that, not only do you do such fantastic work, but you seem to turn it around in the blink of an eye. Truly remarkable.

Sean

That's a lot of fun to see built up and restored. I was there when Tracy B. unearthed those parts. They're quite impressive in person, even unbuilt. Cheers.

You're going to have to start charging admission for a tour of your place with all of these gems.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Blackbirdcd @ Feb 25 2007, 09:35 AM) [snapback]1426332[/snapback]</div>
That's a lot of fun to see built up and restored. I was there when Tracy B. unearthed those parts. They're quite impressive in person, even unbuilt. Cheers.

You're going to have to start charging admission for a tour of your place with all of these gems.
[/b]

LOLOLOL... Tours will definitely happen someday... and when they do.. the plan is to make it a free viewing for all so that the magic is sparked again for those who may have lost along the way, or those youths of today to gain it and keep the magic going. ;) When that happens,.. I plan on having an opening party with all the talent present who may have some of their magic displayed or contributed in some way. Just a few days ago,.. a fine piece was donated to the purpose of having a great home and be displayed properly. I was proud to accept the item. The museum is still a bit far off however. Still aquiring pieces to show and need an easily accessible location. Maybe I'll place it by that place on the way to Las Vegas that sells Alien Jerky. :lol LOLOLOLOL... naaaa. When it happens, it will be done top notch. Nothing less would be acceptable. lolol.. That is not to say the Alien Jerky place is not accpetable,.. it just would not be right for these pieces. ;) lololol. :)

That said, I hope that the modeling talent out there can eventually come together with common ground to keep this industry going.

It must have been a very kewl thing to see the original pieces opened. I wonder what other original pieces may be out there that may have some potential? I imagine ALL of them...lolol... it is just weather or not their owners would ever want to make them offered to the public like Tracy and John may be doing. I applaud anyone who would step forward with their piece in order to make it available like they did. The magic still stays with the original and yet gives others the chance to own an authentic replica that they may have dreamed of. I don't mean 'authentic' in the means of a piece of paper that a license has provided, but that 'authentisism' which is of the ORIGINAL. :eek :p THAT makes it all more magical. :D

BTW... while I don't have confirmation,.. I believe these may be offered through John's (The FX Company) at www.thefxcompany.com . I know this has already generated great interest from response that even I have received, but it is there you may find the beastie. ;)

I want to thank Tracy and John once again for bringing the magic to the public. I wonder what else you guys have up your sleeves?. LOLOLOL :D I also want to give a HUGE thanks to Richard and his wife for doing such amazing work. :D

I'm totally floored - first the ENT-E then a restored Ferengi Marauder.

Whatcha gonna do with those models Kurt? And heck. Where did you got all that money???

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(YenChih Lin @ Feb 26 2007, 04:32 AM) [snapback]1426839[/snapback]</div>
Whatcha gonna do with those models Kurt? And heck. Where did you got all that money???
[/b]

The models will evetually be displayed in a museum, hopefully with a FREE covercharge. ;)

As for the second question,.. well... I have been fortunate in my later years in many things. I am very thankful and give back as much as I can.. when I can. I believe there is a certain Starfleet Captain character who coined the phrase... "Make It So." ... and so I did. ;)

As for the restore and the build done for me,.. Richard did a great job as usual.

Now that Richard restored the original and returned it to John,.. keep in mind that these will probably be made available through John at by contacting him from his site ( www.thefxcompany.com ).

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back