My Maltese Falcon

samster27

One of my all time favourite movies, I had to have the Black Bird.

I found a resin replica at the hauntedstudios site and purchased one, but I had them send me a empty resin body. This they were kind enough to do as a special. On receiving it, i filled her with lead and resin to the base and let her set.

I then compared the bird to the movie stills and unhappy with many elements, hit the milliput and began remoulding elements inc the wing depressions at the top, the right hand brow of the eye and pretty much all of the petals.

The finished bird, I am so happy with. Weighing in at 23lbs, she has real weight when you try to lift her.

I wish my photographs could do her justice, but here she is...oh I also scratched in the Warner Brothers asset number into the base like one of the original lead birds.

B1.jpg

B2.jpg

B3.jpg

B5.jpg

B6.jpg

B4.jpg

I wish that the sam spade wallet prop was still available :(

Anyway, the Black Bird sits regally in the living room. A Very happy man I am

Nice. This is one I would love to try, but I don't even know where I'd start. I might look into a replica like the one you started with.

Thanks Everyone..

Bizzaro...the haunted studios is a good place to start. Its not overpriced and can be easily adapted. Go for it.

Nice. This is one I would love to try, but I don't even know where I'd start. I might look into a replica like the one you started with.

I'd recommend also checking with Ozymandius. He offers them here in several very impressive configurations.

The unfinished cast is the best price you'll find and finishing is very simple due to his molding/casting quality.

Not bad. Adam Savage from Mythbusters is on here and this is one of his holy grails. Maybe he'll chime in.

I Hope he doesn't, I just found his replies concerning the haunted falcon...:(

I Love it anyway :), I think my changes improved it and I could not be happier. Life is too short to worry about a mm here and a mm there :lol

The Ozzy bird looks great...what has Adam got? Would love to see some pics..bet its amazing.

Hey and Ho as they say

I seem to remember something about Adam sculpting his own, and then having it cast in bronze. Sadly he forgot to take into account the shrinkage when casting metal and ended up with a statue that he thought was too short!

When you get one of these you have to keep an eye open for a gunsel named Wilmer.

I own an Oz bird, absolutely fantastic sculpt. I consider my search for the falcon ended. :)

Thanks all...have you read the book, its almost word for word in the movie....class dialogue. A time when a few words said everything that was needed,

Very nice job! The photos look great. I have one on order from hauntedstudios, I'm sure it isn't "the ultimate" but it will do ... for now. :)

Nice work- better than I could do even on my best day.

I own and Oz falcon and it is incredible. Worth every penny and more.

Thanks everyone...its one of my best props and I do just love feeling the 20lb + weight. People are very surprised when they pick it up. Makes it more real if you know what I mean

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back