ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

This is such BS. I contacted Anovos to see if my order--which some of you have shipping to you now--was shipping in time for Halloween. They advised no. They had to hold some items back for quality control issues. They said it'll be another couple weeks to ship out the remaining orders.
I am livid.

Last edited:
This is such BS. I contacted Anovos to see if my order--which some of you have shipping to you now--was shipping in time for Halloween. They advised no. They had to hold some items back for quality control issues. They said it'll be another couple weeks to ship out the remaining orders.
I am livid.

Try not to get your hopes up if other people are receiving shipping notifications for items that you have on order.
It takes them many months to ship out a single product, and when you ordered seems to have no influence on when it's shipped (as in people who ordered after you may receive it before you). Just be patient and hope it eventually shows up. Look on the bright side, you'll most likely have it for next halloween :)

I am livid.

Crappy to hear, but GM did say there was a certain percentage of pieces that had proven faulty after hitting the warehouse - if it's any consolation, just imagine how pissed you would have been after all this time to have received a defective piece and have to start an exchange process. It sucks, but I'd rather they have that last level of QC and do it right than have another TK/TX fiasco for example. I will add another "Yay! Shipping notice!" though. The floodgates appear to be opening at long last.

When it's all said and done, I sincerely hope that you are satisfied with your gear. I've been following this thread and I know that things have gone sour in your case. Nothing can change the past but a happy ending would be more than welcome for everyone involved!

So pleased to read this and I hope it was worth your waiting

On 20 Sept of this year I said:

Unless Harrison Ford comes to my front door, takes the rig off from around his waist, and hands it to me, it will not be worth the wait. It does not matter how well it is made or the Tier 1 pricing, it doesn't help the neglect I feel as a customer.

I'm pretty sure I will feel this way once it arrives. I will let you know tomorrow for sure.

I just ordered a pair of Luke Bespin boots from www.magnoliclothiers.com/ if anyone is looking for a screen accurate pair to go with their ANOVOS costume. http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161022/c3524e112cfa6a6d7c605a9ee408c70f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have definitely been looking for a pair of Luke Bespin boots to go with my Anovos costume. I haven't had much luck finding them as there are hardly no options out there. People not responding to me or items that I don't want. However, $675 is way out of my budget for these. Does anyone have alternatives? Thanks.

ConstruX

I'm looking for a pair for my brother. I've been looking for quite some time, and yes $675 is way too much, more than the actual costume. If you find something please share.

Last edited by a moderator:
RECEIVED!!!!

Review coming soon....

Pictures now....

IMG_3138.JPGIMG_3139.JPGfullsizeoutput_2366.jpegIMG_3141.JPGIMG_3142.JPG

FYI: This came with a signature request. I was on my way home when I got the notice it was attempted delivery. I got home about 15 minutes too late. I took a chance that I might be the first street and not the last street to get deliveries I the neighborhood and I want for a drive. I lucked out... found the UPS guy in one of those little golf carts within two minutes. I was tired of waiting. :darnkids

Here's the thing. I've been talking with GotMaul here on this forum and have spoken with Anovos CS at least 5 times in the past 3 months to ensure my order was correct, and that everything was going to be shipped on time, possibly before Halloween. Each time, the CS rep said everything was good to go... until I wrote to find out why I hadn't seen a shipping notice, when I was told my order wasn't going to ship because it was part of the defective stock. In short $^%# Anovos for telling me everything was golden, then turning around and telling me different when the chips fell. Regardless of their product, their customer service is rock bottom of the barrel and I'm definitely going to file a BBB complaint once I get Anovos to actually follow through sending me and e-mail with the dates I spoke with them (They've assured me they would, but have yet to follow through. I didn't keep this info. Didn't think I'd need it.)

I apologize for ranting. I don't expect anyone to climb aboard and pillage with me or anything. I just needed to vent. I am SO pissed at Anovos right now.

Last edited:
I don't mean to negate your criticisms, but to me the bottom of the barrel (and it's pretty bottom-heavy barrel, to be fair) would be EFX, because their customer service isn't bad, it's nonexistent. They would be followed closely, in my current experience, by RS Prop Masters, who I ordered a complete commissioned suit from almost 10 months ago and have yet to receive, despite many promises made. (Most recent was an email on October 5 stating that my order would be shipping out "early next week.") Fed up with both of those, while Anovos is currently on track with my orders. The disappointment for those waiting years is palpable though, all the same. Hope it ships soon.

RECEIVED!!!!

Review coming soon....

Pictures now....

View attachment 677467View attachment 677468View attachment 677469View attachment 677470View attachment 677471

FYI: This came with a signature request. I was on my way home when I got the notice it was attempted delivery. I got home about 15 minutes too late. I took a chance that I might be the first street and not the last street to get deliveries I the neighborhood and I want for a drive. I lucked out... found the UPS guy in one of those little golf carts within two minutes. I was tired of waiting. :darnkids

that is beautiful!

I appreciate your input, Jagjaguwar. I've never dealt with EFX or RS, so for me, this is bottom of the barrel. I'd hate to see worse. Thinking about it, though, I'd rather have no CS and know it up front than to have CS that smiles and tells you one thing but does another. It was just uncool of them to have provided assurance that everything was good to go on my order, up to yesterday morning, so that I'd be able to get it like almost everyone else before Halloween, then turning around and making my order one of the few that got pushed back with no notification other than me seeing that I didn't receive a shipping notice when GotMaul said I should probably be seeing one. Man, I'm getting livid again. You suck Anovos.

The more I think about it, and having re-read each of our posts, I think you're on to something. At this point I don't expect any news to come from EFX until the Scouts ship, and so my annoyance is somewhat subdued, while getting assurances that things are on track or that everything will be shipping soon makes for fresh disappointment each time it happens.

In short: I think you're right, I think this sort of experience is worse, even if they're trying harder than doing nothing, the result is a series of disappointments instead of one long low-key one.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back