11th Doctor's Sonic: What color IS that?!

So here's the deal.

I, like many other people on this forum, have started working on the 11th Doctor's sonic screwdriver conversion using the CO toy and Universal Remote. I won't bore you with details on that, since there's already so many wonderful threads about that to look at. All was going swimmingly until I ran into a snag. Literally. I accidentally screwed up some of the wiring in the CO toy's core, so I decided to pull a kursosawa and make my own custom, smoother mold of the core. Which creates two more major problems for me:

PROBLEM NUMBER ONE: I'm not entirely sure how I should mold the core. I'm fairly new to this, and I'm not sure which materials to use, or where to get them.

PROBLEM NUMBER TWO (the big one): Upon going back for some reference from the show, it became increasingly apparent that the sonic's core and emitter aren't really all that green at all. And I can't, for the life of me, figure out what color it really is, or what kind of resin/dye to use to replicate it. Here's some screen grabs to show what I mean:

Sonic 2.png
Here is the very first appearance of the sonic screwdriver. It looks a lot bluer and more translucent than any of the ones I've seen.

Sonic 1.png
Here you can also see a bit of the core. also, not green.

Sonic 4.png
the translucency is shown pretty well in this one.

Sonic 5.pngSonic 6.png
now this is where it's tricky to tell. The lighting in the second picture REALLY makes it look kinda greenish.

Sonic 3.png
And of course it looks SUPER green when the light is on, but I'm just going to assume it's a green-tinted LED.

So my question is: what color is that exactly, and how can I replicate it?

According to Nick Robatto, the oriy prop maker, the emitter and core are made of a clear resin with 3 pigments mixed in: green, white, and black.

Would've never guessed! it just looks so... BLUE! D:

Thanks for the response, dude, your posts about the conversion have helped me out a lot. Do you have any particular resins/pigments to recommend? or molding materials in general for that matter?

Here's what I've got so far:
WP_20140423_001.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back