Captain America: Civil War

Re: Captain America 3

Who vs who? Marvel all the way if they keep this up

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

It would be hard to believe after the success of Cap 2 that they would blink being up against anything...(except Frozen 2)

The problem isn't who vs who, I'm sure Cap 3 will be able to hold is own against BvS with the Russo bros, but they're going to eat each other's profit and they'll both lose. This war is ridiculous, as movie fans we should appreciate the diversity of cbm out there, and wish them to do well if we want them to keep coming !

I definitely want both to do well and despite my certain issues with Man of Steel, I am rooting for the sequel to excel. I am a fan of Snyder and very much championing the Affleck casting. But seeing how Marvel claimed the date first; I feel they shouldn't be the one who moves. July is still a better month for BvS even though there is another Marvel film in that month.

I'd move the next Cap back towards the end of March to catch the Easter trade (Sunday 27th) or go early April again. Age of Ultron DVD will be out just before Xmas 2015, so interest will be still pretty fresh, plus there aren't that many "blockbusters" due out after the mega event that will be Star wars IV Dec which I imagine will eat up all the box office from then and into the New Year. The early part of the year is always pretty dead of strong releases ,except for the Oscar worthies, and I think in part thats why The Winter Soldier is doing so well, theres nothing else REALLY worth seeing at the moment. Plus if you hit the early Spring/Easter crowds as well that will surely boost takings. As long as its as well written, directed and as balanced a piece of entertainment as TWS, Cap 3 should do very well. 2015 is perhaps the most "blockbuster" choked year I've ever seen, although there are bound to be a few misses ,2016 looks fairly light for the moment. So putting the two potentially strongest franchises up against eachother seems a rather redundant and stupid move, particularly by Warner Bros.

The problem isn't who vs who, I'm sure Cap 3 will be able to hold is own against BvS with the Russo bros, but they're going to eat each other's profit and they'll both lose. This war is ridiculous, as movie fans we should appreciate the diversity of cbm out there, and wish them to do well if we want them to keep coming !

I wasnt saying its about the films vs each other. Its was a play on BvsS. Asif to say they dont even enter my mind when the marvel films have been as good as cap 3. Avengers. Etc. While I DO see what your saying. And I too like Dc also. It was a sarcasting comment that BvsS arent forced to be in the same league. And for me are in the back of my mind when talking about the next Cap film if its half as good.

When it boils down to it. Marvel had the date first. Disney shouldnt show weekness. If cap 3 loses some profit. Then it loses some. Im sure it will still do well and the MCU will continue. But if BvsS loses a decent amount of profit (not that it would be expected to rake in quite as much in the first place) then it could force their movie franchise to crumble. Securing less chance of competition while the Avengers movies etc continue. Id think that would be an important thing to consider. Marvel can afford to not make quite as much opening weekend. Not that I think they will. But DC arent doing quite as well. And theyre playing it risky filling an early movie with so many main characters. If Disney consider that point I cant see why they would back down.
Id think theres more chance of DC pulling back as they need it more.
Until Disney mentioned the possibility of course....
All personal opinion as always. I hope DC BvsS is great. Would be nice to watch even more great comic movies then I already do!

J

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Still crossing fingers that I'll win the bet between friends about the movie's subtitle to be "Fallen Son."

Captain America 3 - Robert Downey Jr to join and start Marvel Civil War

Robert Downey Jr. is on the verge of signing on to “Captain America 3,” a move that would bring the Civil War storyline from Marvel’s comicbooks to the bigscreen and trigger the start of a new phase of movies from Marvel Studios.

The actor is in final negotiations to play billionaire Tony Stark in the third installment, which is slated to begin production in the Spring for a May 6, 2016, release. Downey is already set to suit up as Iron Man for next year’s “The Avengers: Age of Ultron” and “The Avengers 3.”

The deal is significant for the Marvel cinematic universe considering the plot will pit Stark against Captain America’s alter-ego Steve Rogers, played by Chris Evans, as they feud over the Superhero Registration Act, which forces anyone with superhuman abilities to reveal their identities to the U.S. government and agree to act as a police force for the authorities.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/robert-downey-jr-to-join-captain-america-3-exclusive-1201312229/

THR is also reporting it:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/robert-downey-jr-returning-as-740534/

Re: Captain America 3 - Robert Downey Jr to join and start Marvel Civil War

*sigh* I don't know how they'll do Civil War, honestly. One of the most integral players to the Civil War debacle was Reed Richards. No Fantastic Four, no Spider-Man...

I really hope this isn't true. I wasn't a fan of the story in the comics, and I don't really think it would translate well to screen

It does make me wonder if the recent "problems" with Spidey's movie future, plus the canceling of the Fantastic Four comics, are Marvel's way of trying to create bargaining chips to get all of those characters together for this...

*sigh* I don't know how they'll do Civil War, honestly. One of the most integral players to the Civil War debacle was Reed Richards. No Fantastic Four, no Spider-Man...

Well the Civil War reboot in 2015 should help clear out some of those characters they don't control.

k5uiJVS.jpg

Re: Captain America 3 (Robert Downey Jr to join and start Marvel Civil War)

What Is CIVIL WAR, And How Could It Work In The Marvel Cinematic Universe | Badass Digest
Considering there are hardly any secret identities in the MCU, it's not going to be the same Civil War in the movies.

But just like Winter Solider, where the bare elements of the comic worked into the movie, the Civil War storyline could work with heroes vs heroes.

This article dwells into the comic storyline and mainly explains how it could be adapted for the movie.

Captain America saw the government that he risked life, limb, and comrades for become overtaken by the very enemy he was trying to destroy.

Iron Man has had his life and the lives of his loved ones threatened time and time again by government contractors trying to duplicate his weapons, AND his own parents were murdered by the aforementioned government.

Remind me again what these two have to fight about?

The article I linked has a suitable explanation, though not sure what direction they will take for the movie. Another possibility someone mentioned in the comments being Tony wants to arrest Bucky, while Steve wants to save him; which may become the jumping point for their battle.

Also Spidey is crucial to Civil War. Sony and Marvel's deal may go through. But I wonder how they will have Tony and Peter bond so quickly, if at all that's what is going to happen in the movies.

I trust them to make something good (they've only done one movie so far that I thought was genuinely bad) but I just can't get stoked over this idea. Civil War made me quit reading comics for a long time.

I can't imagine Spidey will be coming into the fold any time soon; even if that does happen, I think they're gonna save him for something truly massive like Secret Wars.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back