Captain America: Civil War

Oh, there is a way Agent 13 won't return. Most would simply say she was written out of the story, but tvtropes.org would no doubt call it "Sequel Non-Entity". And it hurts sometimes. It really does. Laurel Weaver from Men in Black, Bo-Peep from Toy Story, Tank from the Matrix. God, Bo-Peep. That hand wave reference ruined the whole bloody film. I couldn't stop asking myself why Woody is so content with her absence when the two of them had a thing for each other. It's like.... shoot man. Unless she was destroyed beyond repair or the two somehow ended their relationship and Bo left, I cannot imagine Woody giving up on her like that.

Oh, doesn't Age of Ultron have a moment like this? Of all the people who attend the party at the Avenger's Tower, someone is conspicuously absent...

It wouldn't surprise me in some, possibly many, cases there's a new writer or writers onboard and it's a matter of it being "not their character" and they see the chance to create a character of their own creation into the mix. They obviously can't get rid of a main character so who do they get rid, the minor secondary character, the love interest so they can feel like they've left their mark on the movie by introducing a character of their own.

Agent 13 is still a fairly unknown character, new writers could do as they wish with her. Many think/hope this is a series finally for Revenge, if so EVC would have time for a larger role. I can't imagine the role of an ex-SHIELD agent would be very large either way considering we are hoping for masses of heroes picking sides.

Cap - Modified AoU suit, much simpler and cleaner than AoU design, sits somewhere between the stealth and AoU suits. Those who think the AoU suit is overdesigned will like this new version (personally I still prefer AoU). Compared to AoU, they got rid of a lot of the red highlights as well as the white on the biceps. The rest of the suit is a direct carryover from AoU, including Avengers logo, arm magnets, and gaiters. No clue on whether or not there's a helmet redesign.

My crappy attempt at photoshopping the new Cap suit for Civil War. More or less looks like this but minus the leather parts on the pants.

cap civil war.jpg

Remember that small disc thingie that Natasha threw at Winter Soldier which disabled his arm? Looks exactly like the device cap stuck onto Iron Man's glove in a handshake to disable his armor and get the upper hand in a fistfight in the comics. Mark my words it'll be used again.

I want Sam Wilson to kick Rhodey's butt. Rhodey has the suit but I still want Sam to find a way.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back