Phantom of the Paradise

Brigandia36

Sr Member
Is anyone here who have try to reproduce the helmet of Winslow Leach ?

I think it could be a masterpiece for helmet collector .

Between the Rocketeer and Darth Vader...

I am always ready to start something ...

Here's mine. There are a couple versions around.

potp.jpg

Here's mine. Needs refinishing. It's 'supposedly' cast off a stunt helmet, but who knows. :rolleyes

phantt.jpg

There is a guy in Canada who makes phantom helmets (original sculpt). They are pretty nice. I had one and sold it.

Ooohh man, I have been wondering where to get one of these for a long time, but never thought anyone

else was interested in them. Do you guys have the contacts where the guy in Canada is who makes them?

Also, yours are reeeally sweet clutch and Micdavis, would like to know where you got yours and whether

they are screen accurate or not?

In my view the Phantom really is the inspiration for Darth Vader right down to the sickly breathing (also

George L. was a friend of Brian DePalma's, the Phantom Director back in the day). It's a great cult B movie classic.

I always thought the base for the helmet looked like a 1960's football helmet? Anyone else have any

information on this helmet, how it was made etc.?

I have no idea who made mine. A buddy bought it for me at a Con many years ago.

It is not one of the Canada one.

I have seen some castings supposedly off an orginal but they looked pretty small.

MEDICOM TOY released prop size Phantom mask(display model like their ROCKETEER mask) as a limited item at WONDER FESTIVAL 2007 winter.
They accepts mail order until March 5.

http://www.bearbrick.com/wf2007w_2/ (Japanese environment)

But they will not accept the order from the outside of Japan, and will not deliver this to abroad.

Why is there so much cool stuff in Japan that we can't buy? :(

Now all I need to do is find a long lost relative in Japan that can get me one of these Phantom Helmets.

I just realized I don't have any long lost relatives from Japan. Very sad indeed.

We (Fyberdyne) did one many years ago. It was a fyberglass one. Rob Beech made the proto type . i have one but don't have any picture online.I am not sure if there is still a mold or not.
Mark

here are a few shots of the costume I did for Halloween 03
the super ones and the guy with the chrome teeth
and Alex Ross and I as the Phantoms
My helm is from Ed at Fyberdyne .its fiberglass with a voice reverb sound box in the chest box

The Medicom model looks nice. Too bad it can't actually be worn. :(

{EDIT} Great mask and costume, mr.p. You look just like the Real McCoy (er, Leach). :thumbsup

The Phantom of The Paradise

:cry For the longest time I have been a major fan of the helmet/mask worn in the film the Phantom of the Paradise. It has that amazing retro anime design and that majestic look about it. I was wondering if anyone has the same love for this design. I have pepakura and 3ds max I barely know how the drive the two programs. I am very proficient in Autocad. If anyone has a 3d rendering of this in 3ds format I would love to be able to plot out the mask in pepakura and create my own helmet.

Re: The Phantom of The Paradise

Your inquiry would fare much better in the replica props or costume forums, this forum is dedicated to replica filming miniatures

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back