Finished my Yoda head sculpt

This looks amazing!! I am currently working on a 1:1 yoda puppet, have you got any advice on sculpting the head and measurements?

I haven't actually measured my head. I started with 30mm eyes and just based the size off of that. I used Super Sculpey Firm which I really liked. I built up the interior with tin foil first to save some money on clay. I debated using that Monster Clay but I decided to stick with what I was familiar with. I did a slow ramp up and down baking method to avoid cracks. I still got a few on the back of the head that I filled in with some apoxy putty and some wood putty on the finer cracks. I am currently working on the hands and feet. I don't have much experience with sculpting. This was really just the second time I sculpted anything. You may want to seek the advice from some of the more experienced sculptors out there. Thanks for the kind words.

Jeff

I finished his foot and hope to start his hands this weekend.

photo 1.JPGphoto 2.JPG

I finished his foot and hope to start his hands this weekend.

The feet look great!!:thumbsup

I was wondering if You would update this thread at all! Glad You did! Sorry to repeat myself again and again!! But I'm waiting for a run of this!! A badass statue will come out of these beautiful pieces and I can't wait to see them here in front of me!!:D:angel

Regards,

Alberto!!

I finished my mold and cast a couple. I started some paint tests as well. Really happy with this whole project.

unnamed.jpg10521231_10203748061134715_5011087942650610519_n.jpg

No problem Alberto. Glad you like him. I'm really thinking of selling them as finished Heads, Hands and Feet. I would only sell them as I finish them. I don't want to pressure myself with a list or a run. My job and family doesn't always allow the time I need to work on these things. You'll be the first to know Alberto. Thanks.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back