prop making is...

inblackandlace

I posted this on Facebook and I thought I'd share. If anyone would understand the struggle, it's you guys :p

So, a couple people have been curious about prop making, so I thought I'd save time and make this a public post. Prop making is not cheap. One would think that making something yourself equates to paying less than having someone make it for you. You would think, but you'd be wrong. A lot of the props you see online are made by a machine. They are also mass produced. These props aren't personal, but if you're on a budget, they're a better idea. Prop making is TIME CONSUMING. If you rush, you ruin the piece. End of story. Prop making is coming to terms with the fact that your hands will always be caked in super glue and silicone (and usually mysteriously sticky). Prop making is learning how to use things you never thought you would use (and actually enjoying it). It's running a dremel day and night and waking up feeling like you've been beaten with a lead pipe. Prop making is making an unfixable error and having to start over again. It's also running errands in clothes that look like they belong on a homeless person because you're in between rondo coats and that's really all you're thinking about. All that being said, prop making is having an almost maternal pride in ones work, and owning something that no one else in the world has. Hope that helped :)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back