2001 Space Station WIP

_D7K8465.JPG The book is still available from Amazon and CPG Publishing. Well worth buying. Author Adam Johnson is making a large museum bound Discovery having previously produced some great 2001 kits.

I wonder how large the Discovery that Adam Johnson is making is? This space station is unbelievable. Totally incredible. Uber impressive. Keep up the Fantastic work.

Moonbus, Adam has a thread on Resin Illuminati, describing his Discovery as "Hero Scale", not 54 feet long , but from the photos of construction it looks enormous, maybe 40 feet.

003.JPG And 3/4 done...almost finish for that side. JHY, thanks for the pics and I'll surely check the construction of the Discovery for sure. I'm still debating about the bridges sitting on each spoke and the tensing cables. Should I add them after that side is done, or at the end when everything is built?

Thanks guys for the feedback:) JHY, I'm afraid that registration is closed on Resin Illuminati, so no pics for me for that big Discovery build:cry

Joberg, Adam's RI thread started in February 2014 and his last post was April 2014. Presumably he's busy building, so there's not a lot on his RI thread.

Your Space Station just gets better and better. Plus, your dedication is first rate !

I'd leave the spoke bridges and tensing cables until everything is done, just to minimise the risk of damaging them, but Im sure that you'll manage either way !

Thanks JHY...you've the same idea as me (leaving the tensing cables for last) What I'm going to do, however, is to build the bridges and the greeblies sitting in the middle of the that C form. The tensing "spokes" are a good 3-D project (80 to be produced).;)

Thanks Ian! I visited your site many times to gaze at that front pic of the Space Station...until I bought the Stanley Kubrick's book and got a better look at all of the details of that wonderful model. Yes, it's more than 7 feet in circumference and much more has to be done before I call it done. Almost finish the scaffolding side;)

It so amazing to see, and that scale is WOW...

Now put it outside as a garden decoration like the real one was ....
ss2.jpg

Thanks guys for the feedback...as you know, they were supposed to have many station orbiting around the Earth (not seen in the movie), therefore I name my model: Space Station V;)

Cratercritter, the bear is there to keep the hamsters away... Kubrick cut out the final scene showing that the star child is gazing at an overspinning hamster driven space station hurtling towards a giant kitten.

By way of apology, good news, the street version of the Taschen Kubrick 2001 book(s) is available for preorder on Amazon and elsewhere.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back