Anyone know Propsplus on ebay? He's recasting my props.......

sskunky

Sr Member
Hi guys and gals,

Does anyone know Propsplus on Ebay?

He's recasting my HOVI PA2 mic tips and saying they are cast from an original mic tip!

Star Wars Stormtrooper Helmet HOVI-Mix Pa2 Mic Tips - *Complete* 1:1 | eBay

I contacted him a while ago and he gave me the BS story that his dead father gave him the original mic tip after having it since the 80's.......

I know this not to be true as I sculpted the innerds and back plate myself. Also if you look at the HOVI PA2 text it is in a different place to the originals.... These are my tells..... Mine is based on the SDS mic tip from years ago when I was trying to improve the accuracy of AA's mic tips for him and his helmets, which he didn't use anyway........ (before all the LFL case arose)

here are some comparisons......

THE ORIGINAL (pic posted by Gino) (Gino, PM me if you want me to take this down)

My mic tips......

Propsplus on ebay.....

He even had the front to accuse me of recasting his mic tips! A bit rich as I have been selling these for years and he's been selling them for less than a year!

He even said that I had not sculpted the inner nipple or back part and that I was the liar!

I contacted ebay but they did nothing as usual!

Thanks Bud.....

I know it's only a small prop but if it starts with that who knows what's in store..... He has no problems with recasting other peoples work.

unfourtunatly recasting is rampant - i was just accused of that myself by some lowlife , nameless hack , who still claims i recasted his star trek agonizer - EVEN AFTER I SHOWED HIM MY BUILD THREAD !! - which proves its my sculpt !! - keep pounding ebay with claims - eventually they will get tired of it and do something

- keep pounding ebay with claims - eventually they will get tired of it and do something
Unfortunately I have not found that to be the case. Video Bob recast one of my parts several years ago, and after multiple complaints to eBay nothing has happened.

Sorry to hear you've been recast -it definitely feels like a body blow when it happens. If its any consolation, you've got a lot of company here on the RPF.

I was looking for Mic Tips and came across this post....my 2 cents, whether you like it or not.....

Let me get this straight, CFO is complaining that Propplus copied his work, BUT....isn't it the case that CFO sort-a copied George Lucas' work (his Idea, his concept..). So, if this guy is a re-caster like you say, what does that make CFO? I am a Lawyer by trait and a SW Trooper by night. I specialize in Intellectual property Law. CFO Selling items under the Star Wars brand violates more laws than I can think of.

Do yourself a HUGH favor and maybe stop boasting that you are the "Original" creator. The post might show up in court one day to haunt you....lol.

I was looking for Mic Tips and came across this post....my 2 cents, whether you like it or not.....

Let me get this straight, CFO is complaining that Propplus copied his work, BUT....isn't it the case that CFO sort-a copied George Lucas' work (his Idea, his concept..). So, if this guy is a re-caster like you say, what does that make CFO? I am a Lawyer by trait and a SW Trooper by night. I specialize in Intellectual property Law. CFO Selling items under the Star Wars brand violates more laws than I can think of.

Do yourself a HUGH favor and maybe stop boasting that you are the "Original" creator. The post might show up in court one day to haunt you....lol.

You registered just to post this?

there is a world of difference between somebody sculpting a part in the likeness of something created by somebody like Lucas and his prop makers for use in the movies (unless you know Lucas ever produced them for sale to others), and some snot nosed punk making a casting of the work of that independent prop maker to produce copies he never worked on.

That's pretty low to start with. But the moment they get caught but deny passing somebody elses work off as their own, and/or accusing the person whose work they are profitting from of being the thief...

Nope. no comparison. Ones an artist creating something to recreate and share with others an aspect of fandom that loves the original inspiration. The others a con man profitting off the work of others, and baring false witness against his own victims.

Thanks for the support everyone!

@Esquire man...... For a start Lucas doesn't own a copyright to a tap faucet. That is what the mic tips are cast from secondly I sculpted the inner parts of the mic tips I offer and that is my intellectual property. I also live in England which has a different law structure to the US and as far as I am concerned Lucas doesn't own the copyright to a lot of the original props as they were never logged as an artistic design, only industrial which holds a max of 25 years copyright so I am well within my rights to offer "copies" of the stormtrooper armour.

Also if it was not for "people" like me seeking out legitimate moulds or props to replicate "people" like you would not be a "SW Trooper by night"

If you re-read your post you'll see just how contradictory it is.

So in essence what you are saying is if you paid loads of your well earned money to offer fans accurate film props you would be OK with me buying some, recasting them then undercutting your prices and selling cheap knock offs on ebay?

Good luck to you and your values.

Just my 2$c worth........

Do yourself a HUGH favor and maybe stop boasting that you are the "Original" creator. The post might show up in court one day to haunt you....lol.[/QUOTE]

Really? When did I brag about being the original creator?

Maybe English isn't his first language :( Or he posted in a hurry that was just a weird comment :p

Sorry that this happened to you sskunky :( Recasting always blows, hopefully this doesn't stop you from doing new stuff in the future :/ (especiallyed your chromed stormie helmet :p)

Oh, his English is good enough to string me a BS story and argue with me about it. He's a recaster plain and simple. It's only a small item but a recaster never the less. If he's happy just copying other people's stuff and passing it off as his own with a pathetic story about his dead father which I find quite disgusting and disturbing then that's his problem. I think his problem is far worse than just recasting. Mentally that is.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back