Help modifying Beretta 92f airsoft

The Terminator

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
berettametal.jpg
Hey I have this full metal Beretta which I have distressed a bit and I am generally quite happy with it. However it is gas powered and the bottom part just doesn't look like the real thing:
92fhole.jpg

Does anyone have any good suggestions for me? The best I have come up on my own would be to use something like a fine filler (Plastic Padding makes one) or a "chemical metal" material. Then sand it real smooth and paint it with a matte black.

This will only be a display piece only, so it really doesn't need to be in working condition, ever again :p

look for or make a dummy mag,don't destroy a working mag,if you decide you want to fire it again you'll have to spend good money on a new mag

look for or make a dummy mag,don't destroy a working mag,if you decide you want to fire it again you'll have to spend good money on a new mag

I have seen a few mags but no idea what they look like underneath. Besides, I haven't fired this one a single time and I am 160% certain I never will want to either ;)

Maybe, maybe not. Depends how accurate (and to scale) the airsoft is. They only cost about 15-20$. Worst case scenario you could remove the buttplate and try to retrofit it on the airsoft mag.

I've no idea if all RS 92F magazines have a hole in the baseplate but many seem to:

2011-01-11+Magazines+%u0025252802%u00252529.JPG

The brass valve on the airsoft magazine should just unscrew. There is a tool for this available but it can be done with a normal screwdriver, if this is any help.

Maybe, maybe not. Depends how accurate (and to scale) the airsoft is. They only cost about 15-20$. Worst case scenario you could remove the buttplate and try to retrofit it on the airsoft mag.

Don't have any tools for that though :(

I've no idea if all RS 92F magazines have a hole in the baseplate but many seem to:

View attachment 309660

The brass valve on the airsoft magazine should just unscrew. There is a tool for this available but it can be done with a normal screwdriver, if this is any help.

Really? I had no idea. Thanks I gotta try that. Still looks like using a filler is the best course of action.

Not trying to stick my nose where it doesn't belong, but would you like some pictures of actual Beretta 92fs mags and baseplates?

Have no problem digging them out.

Not trying to stick my nose where it doesn't belong, but would you like some pictures of actual Beretta 92fs mags and baseplates?

Have no problem digging them out.

Get the heck out of my thread! :lol :p :lol just kidding of course ;)

Sure! :D I would love some :) I'm a firm believer of: You can never have too much information. and that of course includes reference photos ;) It also might be useful for others finding this thread.

The more pics the merrier :)

You can probably get a Co2 magazine for it that will look like the real deal, depending on which make of airsoft it is. Check with Strykerairsoft in Stockholm. ;)

One of the makers of Berretta M9s for Airsoft will fit standard 15rnd Berretta magazines. But, I don't remember which one as I had two different ones at the time.

The bottom of the berretta mags, military style, is very thin and has a half scoop where the air nozzle is on the airsoft ones. Most of the thicker base plates still have a hole where the nozzle is. Honestly, just get it black and unless someone is looking straight on from the bottom (IE behind you if it's holstered vertically) is the only chance they'd see the rest.

DSCN5180.jpg

Google Image Result for http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/1898/1000430dx7.jpg

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg

Hope these help you on your quest. Took a few with the baseplate off. It's hard to see, but they have the (PB) in an oval engraved into them [Piero Beretta]. The hole captures a tab that I can push in to remove the baseplate and clean the interior of the mag/spring if need be. Also included a pic of the girl herself with the most useless magazine I have (the ones I took pictures of were the standard 15 rounders).

Let me know if I can do anything else to help.

Great images, and thanks :) the surface of the mag I have is definitely way too smooth. I am gonna try and get that type of texture on mine.

I am a bit peeved it doesn't have the engraved text on the side the gun.

You are very welcome. Being that I have the "source material" for your project, please let me know if there's anything else I can do to help.

It seems many airsoft guns now allow for trademarks on them, but I'm not sure if Beretta has been one of the manufacturers to allow such things yet.

Again, anything you'd like to see (short of my serial number) is at your disposal. :)

You are very welcome. Being that I have the "source material" for your project, please let me know if there's anything else I can do to help.

It seems many airsoft guns now allow for trademarks on them, but I'm not sure if Beretta has been one of the manufacturers to allow such things yet.

Again, anything you'd like to see (short of my serial number) is at your disposal. :)

WE have an all-metal version with full laser-engraved trademarks. I got one since I was such a huge fan of Lethal Weapon when I was younger.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back