3D Printed Star Wars Bryar Pistol Replica - FINISHED + 8th Doctor's Sonic Screwdriver

JohnsonArms

Sr Member
Hello all!

This was a project which involved the help of friend who is a very talented 3D modeler and also the 3D printer pro, Rob Griesbeck! :) My part of all this was to take the raw print and get it prepped as close to perfect as possible and then figure out the best way to make a mold for casting. I really think it came out nice and I'm excited to be adding to the multitude of other SW blasters you see here on the RPF.

I apologize for not being very good at remembering to take photos during the progress, but I hope these photos are enough to show the major steps, haha

Please let me know if you're interested in a raw cast or a finished piece. I have a thread on the junkyard for anyone who might be interested, thanks!

Thread here: http://www.therpf.com/f13/sw-bryar-pistol-replica-raw-kit-finished-210416/#post3265060

On to the photos!

Fresh off the Makerbot 2x printer..almost..but it was as soon as I got it out of the shipping box.

Bryar Pistol 3D Print.jpg

Sanded, filled and primered: Even with ABS plastic, it was still a lot of work to get into all those grooves. Rob did send another version of the center which made the finishing quite a bit easier.

Star Wars Bryar Pistol Cast 1.jpgStar Wars Bryar Pistol Cast 2.jpgStar Wars Bryar Pistol Cast 3.jpgStar Wars Bryar Pistol Cast 4.jpgStar Wars Bryar Pistol Cast 5.jpg

On of these photos was before the metal hex screws were re-installed, but I think the paint job was just about done. Not much for color, so I tried to focus on the patina to make it look like well-worn service pistol.

IMG_1541.JPG

I'll try to post more photos as I get a chance to paint additional pieces. Thank you guys for checking it out and please let me know if you could use this type of service.

Also, here's a quick shot of the 8th Doctor's SS I'll be posting shortly :)

8th Doctor Sonic Screwdriver 3D print 80% 1.jpg

Re: 3D Printed Star Wars Bryar Pistol Replica - FINISHED + 8th Doctor's Sonic Screwdr

Any chance we could see this blaster from it's first person point of view from the first Dark Forces game? If the blaster is of that particular game's rendition of course.

Re: 3D Printed Star Wars Bryar Pistol Replica - FINISHED + 8th Doctor's Sonic Screwdr

I too was planning on creating every/most weapons from Dark Forces, including the repeating rifle.

Nice looking BF8 there. What do you plan on charging for a finished one or is that just for your own collection?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back