Deathstroke mask - modified Iron Man mask (my first try - pic heavy)

AnAgedNerd

Good evening all!

i wanted to create a Deathstroke mask, and was trying figure out how to do it without going through the whole mold/cast/mold process (as I have never done that...yet). Then I spotted a vid on YouTube on doing one from an Iron Man mask. So, I went for it.

i started with the mask and some air-dry clay. I start with filling seams, the front of the mouth slit and the "dip" in the face plate.

Then after a basic sanding I applied a secondary layer to fill in more gaps/spaces and give the eyes a little rounding. (Side-by-side with original for perspective)

image.jpgimage.jpg

Then I let it dry and sanded it down as smooth as I could.

i applied the matte black spray paint in three layers. Then I hit a snag when dropping the orange on - my painters tape took the black off. So I decided to use press and seal wrap. It wasn't perfect but I smoothed the line with a black paint pen. Also, the clay sort of drew up and crack in places so I'll probably use bondo next go round.

Next I need to dye the red straps and create a bit of battle scarring before I apply a clear coat. I also want to build a back piece to get a more helmet-like feel but I've hit a wall on that. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

- - - Updated - - -

And I'm sorry about the pics - some posted inline (as intended) and the rest hit thumbnail status, possibly due to size?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    527.5 KB · Views: 172
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    593.2 KB · Views: 159
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    623.4 KB · Views: 150
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    765.2 KB · Views: 155
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    624.8 KB · Views: 149
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    580.9 KB · Views: 154
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    536 KB · Views: 164
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    644.5 KB · Views: 168
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 171
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    527.4 KB · Views: 165
Looks great! I ran into the same snag as you with the cracking (I've tried air dry clay and jb weld with a filler material over it), and I've been considering bondo as well, I've just never used it before. Since I already had plans to make a vacuum former, and am nearly done making it, I pretty much gave up on the modded IM mask, but if you have success with it, who knows? I may just pick it up again, lmao.

Looks great! I ran into the same snag as you with the cracking (I've tried air dry clay and jb weld with a filler material over it), and I've been considering bondo as well, I've just never used it before. Since I already had plans to make a vacuum former, and am nearly done making it, I pretty much gave up on the modded IM mask, but if you have success with it, who knows? I may just pick it up again, lmao.

thanks Embr. I think it's pretty cool, despite the flaws. My wife and I are going to do another one with bondo next weekend. Btw, here's the mask with battle-scarring. I think it'll make a cool display, at the least.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    536.2 KB · Views: 282
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    557.8 KB · Views: 178
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    625 KB · Views: 233
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back