Battle Beyond the Stars - Shads gun

TheSt.LouisKid

Sr Member
The schnork off the kenner Solo gun is obvious.

This movie was big on recycling other stuff so I imagine the main body is made from something else and then stuff stuck onto it. Perhaps a toy gun of the era.

Anyone have any ideas?

shad_zpsa9808447.jpg

Well the flash hider looks like it is from a kenner Star Wars Blaster.
The rest looks like a hot mess of ??????

Good Luck!

Speaking of a "hot mess"...

I am already entertaining the idea that maybe some of the detail is actually melted and smooshed to make it less recognizable so as far as that goes I think you are not off the mark psicorp.

oh man, I love that movie :)
especially the modified kenner stormtrooper blaster that became Robert "Gelt" Vaughn's pistol.

looked at the posted pic until my eye's crossed...can't see anything familiar except for the already identified Solo blaster muzzle, sorry man. :(

The closest base pistol I can think of is the Walther PP. That's assuming that the 'real' barrel ends well back from the sight post and that they have built up the rear of the weapon to shroud the hammer action. Of course it may not be moulded off a real world weapon at all. It could just as easily be that they kit bashed a BB gun or water pistol.

There's a vintage toy cap gun In the junk yard that I almost thought could have been the base gun, the top body? car part or refrigerator part. looks like that bolt Is some kinda ground connector. just trying to help. spiting out Ideas...

looks like an old soldering iron as a base , with the mentioned kenner tip and motocross brake lever, then some "junk" added to the top

The base could also be an old automotive engine timing light. Back in the day they looked like ray guns right off the shelf.

Maybe a hot glue gun. Many have the same angled back end. The one shown isn't one I think they used, I am using it to illustrate my theory. The glue gun shown has the side of the handle and body on the same plane and I have found many other conventional ones that are like that so perhaps that is what was used.

gluegunshad.jpg

I'd like to thank James Kenobi 1138 for his help in sending a kenner schnozzle for project.

It's nice when a fellow member here is willing to help a project along asking nothing in return and well worth mentioning.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back