Survivor: Brains, Beauty Bronze

Guri

Sr Member
EDIT: BRAWNS not Bronze. haha! Thanks McMurphy. :D

I haven't seen a thread yet...

The idea of people being on teams because of their strongest trait was strange... the best part about it was that it didn't play out like you would expect. The brains weren't as smart as you would think, the beauties were smarter, but pettier and the bronze were pretty tight very quickly... So even though they were separated by the trait THEY thought was their strongest, it was clear they were relying on a variety of other strengths. Beauty had some strength and brains, Brains had some beauty and bronze and bronze had some brains and beauty...

And in some cases their strengths are showing to be their greatest weakness! Meaning, the brains are over confident and over think things, the beauty team immediately started judging each other - AJ thinking Morgan was TOO hot and that counting against her and the bronze cops being all 'swear on the badge' and Sarah trusting Tony too much when he wasn't worthy of it.

Anyway, it's been fascinating and now that they are merged it's a whole new game and none of that matters.

ABOUT LAST NIGHT _ SPOILERS:

When we started watching I told my 12yo that Sarah was dooming herself because she was getting cocky, and sure enough.

Tony was so stupid - and he's supposed to be a cop? It's like driving around blaring that you're a cop and letting all the criminals know exactly where you are and what you're doing. When AJ pulled out his immunity and gave it to him I was shaking my head - they really anticipated that the brains what they thought the brains/beauties were going to do. I gotta admit, I was surprised when I started seeing Jefra's name on the tallies, because THAT was smart and they didn't seem like they were that smart... however, it wasn't exciting because I could see from Cass's face when Tony pulled out the idol that she was going to flip.

Cass was not very smart about making that big move - they have no loyalty to her at all and they are going to dump her at the bottom. Even with Sarah being as obnoxious as she was, Cass still had a better place with the other brains. But this is what happens when you don't treat everyone in your alliance as if they are important, so the other brains are really at fault for their situation as well.

Was glad to see Sarah go. I liked her at first, but she got cocky.

Last edited:
Sarah definitely got too cocky so I too was okay seeing her go. Back to 5 on 5 or will it be 6 on 4? Very curious to see what the "special powers" immunity idol will be. You're killing me with "bronze." Couldn't figure out what you were saying at first before realizing you meant the "brawn" team. Thought I was losing it!

Cass moved so friggin early she is toast on either team.

I'm still looking for people to like in this one.

I have been recording this season, and finally got caught up.

Few random thoughts:
- I liked the format for the season with the 3 teams split by their perceived "strengths."
- Perceived strengths because that was a very stupid brainy team.
- The beauty and brawn teams fit their stereotypes pretty well.
- I like Cliff Robinson and was disappointed to see him go. Nice strategy by the other players though.
- The hidden immunity idol with special powers is a nice twist.
- However, with Tony's position on the tribe and his other regular idol, we may not get to see it played.
- Tasha is proving to be quite a threat in challenges.
- Mostly rooting for Spencer, as the underdog, because he has been on the chopping block since week 2 or 3.
- Wouldn't mind seeing Tony win for all the reasons that Spencer, Tasha & Jeremiah stated they would vote for him to win the mill in Tribal.

It's amazing the combination of smarts and luck that is going on... Tony, with his working hard to find the idols and drawing the right rock, and then Spencer just finding those rare opportunities and making the most of them - they don't always happen, but they do when he really needs it... so far. With as much as Tasha is winning, it's gotta be both skill and luck too.

Because of how annoying he is, I don't want to see Tony win, though I understand why he would. I'm for Tasha or Spencer.

Kass is really hard to take - I liked her at first but the way she's turning on people and some of the things she's said about Spencer, ugh...

I think Tony is guaranteed final three. They would have to blindside him twice before they could get him out. I DO NOT like this 'special power' idol. Has this ever been used before?

I don't really like Tony, but I will admit he is playing an excellant game. And he is doing it without getting too many people mad at him. At least he is not as obnoxious as Boston Rob or as satanic as Russel Hantz.

I agree I would rather Tasha or Spencer win.

Tony is hilariously paranoid and I think everyone is tired of him now, but his ability to get the idols (and that ridiculous 'special' idol) will get him top three.

Early on Kass seemed likeable, now she's just painful to watch. I get the impression she can dish but can't take.

The moment Tasha loses immunity she's gone.

Spencer might luck into a final three despite his being completely outnumbered as the remaining tribe self destructs. I'm voting for that, just to see the swath of broken hearts along the way.

Early on Kass seemed likeable, now she's just painful to watch. I get the impression she can dish but can't take.

Great observation. I totally agree about her not being able to take it. The Kass/Tony exchange was childish from both of them.

I think they may be right that Tony can't win overall because virtually everyone on the jury can see themselves as being double-crossed by him. I guess his two idols all but guarantee him getting to the end now.

Definitely pulling for Spencer.

Not happy to see Tasha go, but not surprised. Kass is awful. She and Tony are two sides of the same coin.

Hoping for Spencer to make it to the end. I think he's the only one who can win against Tony with the jury. Woo lying to Tony and saying Spencer was not trying to vote against him was a really, really great thing for Spencer. Hopefully he keeps that lie going or it doesn't come up again. Either way, I think Spencer is going to have to win every immunity to keep in.

WHAT??? Why the HECK did Tony vote for Trish?? It sure made his not giving her his immunity make sense, but it still makes no sense.

Spence has one more immunity to win and then he's gold. But Tony seems to be an ace at having all the cards and then blowing it.

I have to say, as much as I do not like Kass, her calling Tony out in front of Woo was very pleasing to watch. She is exactly right about what bothers me most about people like Tony - he can talk to everyone but nobody is supposed to talk to anyone but him.

Woo may have woken up too late. Was not sorry to see Trish go.

Here are my rankings for the final.

Spencer wins if he is in the final.
Woo wins if Spencer isn't in the final.
Kass wins if it's only her and Tony.
Unless Tony pulls some miracle speech out of his butt when being challenged by the jury, he can't win.

Tony is an absolute Idiot who has been able to confuse and scare people into following him. Woo definately woke up too Late. Tony Voted for Trish so he can go back to Woo and Maybe Spencer now (since Kass is "dead" to him" and say "I see you guys were right, and we have to work together to get Kass out. And don't forget my special idol still works for this Tribal."

Spencer does need to win this Immunity challenge though. he's the only one I want to see win. Kass, just not likable, Tony is an idiot, and Woo just didn't do anything worth winning the money for. If it wasn't for Kass spilling the details on her alliance with Tony, Woo would still be a good little soldier, wondering why he was voted out this week.

Now, come on Spencer! It's be great to see a Brain win, considering how that Tribe imploded right from the start.

I have the feeling Woo will go next. He hasn't upset any of the jury, that's not good for you if you are sitting next to him in the finals.

What's up with not having the finale on Sunday? Will the reunion also be on Wednesday?

The finale and reunion are both slated for Wednesday. Last season they changed things up by only having the jury and final 3 up on stage. Maybe they are trying more changes including changing the day... the only reason I can figure is it's a ratings thing.

The finale and reunion are both slated for Wednesday. Last season they changed things up by only having the jury and final 3 up on stage. Maybe they are trying more changes including changing the day... the only reason I can figure is it's a ratings thing.

I heard it was because they couldn't get at least one member who had been voted out early to show up, so they went with the jury members only rather than have a 'no show'.

Can't find the article I had read but it said the move is strictly due to ratings - too many big name shows like GOT on Sunday night (not 100% sure as I don't watch it) and I guess the only thing they are really up against Wed night is American Idol which according to the article has less than 50% of the viewers that this season of Survivor has.

I heard it was because they couldn't get at least one member who had been voted out early to show up, so they went with the jury members only rather than have a 'no show'.

Who, Brandon? No, he was banned from showing up. Same as his uncle.

- - - Updated - - -

Can't find the article I had read but it said the move is strictly due to ratings - too many big name shows like GOT on Sunday night (not 100% sure as I don't watch it) and I guess the only thing they are really up against Wed night is American Idol which according to the article has less than 50% of the viewers that this season of Survivor has.

Yeah.. that sounds about right.

I'll be happy if anyone other than Kass wins! She is one of my least favorite people in Survivor history. I'd actually like to see Tony go all the way because I think he's played the best game, but Spencer is a very close 2nd to him so he'd be very deserving as well. Woo hasn't really done anything the entire time, but I like his personality so I'd definitely root for him over Kass.

I really don't get all the hate for Kass--well, I get it, but I think a lot of it is unjustified. She's not doing anything that hasn't been done a hundred times already on this show. She's playing the game the same as Tony. She just stays calm while doing it. I don't particularly like her, but I don't see what the big deal is about her gameplay.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back