Jmc1ane.jpg

Gu2sP8m.jpg

38EUYvN.jpg

26HOTd8.jpg

Uh0lX27.jpg

zXzlQvS.jpg

LiSwjC7.jpg

Re: Yet another Stormtrooper helmet

Drooling in awe, Dan! I know some of your other lids but this is the best of them!
Some fine day i'll get back to you to build some stuff for me! There is still plenty of stuff in boxes waiting to be build...

Drooling in awe, Dan! I know some of your other lids but this is the best of them!

I agree - this is my favourite one yet! Gotta thank RS Propmasters for that though - without their work, this would just be red primer, white paint and a few tins of Humbrol ;)

Last edited:

Dan you've done a superb job on that. It looks like a screen used helmet!!!
thanks for the extra pics. :)

Ben

Took me a while, but I actually finished this one off now. Well, I say finished. I may add some more weathering and chip it a little more, but here's a preview of what it looks like now (the grey ended up being Humbrol mixed with some Testors grey to change the hue and make it less glossy):

http://i.imgur.com/oDuH3xh.jpg

Totally like that dude T.O.T.A.L.L.Y. !!!:cool

Regards,

Alberto

Hey R2Dan!
This helmet is so cool! Really amzing :)
May I ask you an information: this is a green helmet (made of HDPE, isn't it?) and the acronym SA on the plaque means?
Maybe Screen-Accurate?
The question is: the Stormie from the OT, ANH movie for example, wasn't made of ABS?
Sorry for this "silly" question but I am a "saber-boy" so I am not expert on Stormtrooper helmet and my next project will be to acquire a RS Strormtrooper...I know they have a variety of plastic to choose and, at least for the time being, an "Anthony Forrest Signature Edition Sandtrooper" and also an ESB Alan Harris SE.

Thank you very much for sharing with us this great helmet and congrats for your skills!

enrico

Sorry enrico! I've just seen your post now.
Well if you've read about it on starwarshelmets, then you should know why the green stuff makes the hardcore crowd behave like giddy school boys :D

Fu** me Dan that's impressive - I want one!

Makes me laugh to think that in years to come, some overpaid auction valuer is going to have a hell of a job differentiating this from an original :lol

Cheers

Jez

We all know projects are never really finished...

Shortly after taking those pics, I talked to a good friend who had a suggestion for a more accurate blue to use on the tube stripes, so I obviously had to redo those. The new colour looks a lot closer to what we see in archive pics of the real lids, hoping I'll get a chance to compare it to the real ANH lid on display at Star Wars: Identities, as it is coming to Cologne this May ( OdiWan72: We better find a date to go there together ;)).

The second upgrade were new mic tips I just recently got from Keith. While the RS one piece mic tips are decent, I needed something a little more accurate for this helmet. Keith was nice enough to send me a set of his cast from original three part tips. The visual difference might be minimal, but it's one step closer to making it a better forgery. I installed them just now and used the chance to snap a few more pics, so here goes:

OUlWDMT.jpg

JAX4Kf0.jpg

rXzjJzX.jpg

RUWs5EY.jpg

It is really about time I start the accompanying armour build, but to be honest, I'm still collecting supplies for that. Finding vintage elastic is a major pain in the backside ;)

Attachments

• OUlWDMT.jpg
    OUlWDMT.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 47
  • OUlWDMT.jpg
    OUlWDMT.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 242
  • OUlWDMT.jpg
    OUlWDMT.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 58
  • JAX4Kf0.jpg
    JAX4Kf0.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 60
  • rXzjJzX.jpg
    rXzjJzX.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 46
  • JAX4Kf0.jpg
    JAX4Kf0.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 67
  • JAX4Kf0.jpg
    JAX4Kf0.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 52
  • rXzjJzX.jpg
    rXzjJzX.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 48
  • rXzjJzX.jpg
    rXzjJzX.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 46
  • RUWs5EY.jpg
    RUWs5EY.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 61
  • RUWs5EY.jpg
    RUWs5EY.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 52
  • RUWs5EY.jpg
    RUWs5EY.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 47
Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back