My Builds: The growing of an eclectic collection

Re: On the Bench: DL-18, GK, Droid Blaster, E-11, DH-17, Jedi Belt; guidance apprecia

pic not working

Last edited:
Re: WIP: DL-18, GK, Droid Blaster, E-11, DH-17, Jedi Belt

The DL-18 is on hold for about 3 weeks. That's when I expect to have my scope mount.

On to the next project. I think I will do the E-11.

I am thinking of replacing the counter box and the scope on the E-11 rather than trying to clean the up. I'm not looking for anything super accurate, just good quality.

Any ideas?

Is there any recommendations for best/easiest way to take the paint off a Denix broomhandle? Such as oven cleaner?

Do you recommend full break down of the broomhandle? If so, does it go back together easy or a guide somewhere?

The Denix isn´t actually "painted". The Zamac received some kind of chemical treatment to darken.
Your best choice would be to strip the finish by sanding.

Check out the various Denix accurization posts over at the Han ANH DL44 thread. Vanitas did a GREAT job in refinishing his denix to look more like a real C96. Please keep in mind that many blasters were based on MGC C96´s which are quite different in a few areas compared to a real C96

As far as (dis-)assembling a Denix...
It´s only held together with the screw under the barrel and various pins, that you can easily remove

Markus

Is there any recommendations for best/easiest way to take the paint off a Denix broomhandle? Such as oven cleaner?

Do you recommend full break down of the broomhandle? If so, does it go back together easy or a guide somewhere?

- - - Updated - - -

LOOKING GOOD Frank.

Remember that the "missile" details on the sideplates are actually a dark green, as they came from the Revell Phantom F4E model kit

Markus

LOOKING GOOD Frank.

Remember that the "missile" details on the sideplates are actually a dark green, as they came from the Revell Phantom F4E model kit

Markus

Was the green originally covered in black paint?

For the last few days I've been working on my stunt E-11. I think I'll call it finished even though I might go back and do some touch on the paint. I would like to add the bare metal look near the rigger area.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    823.5 KB · Views: 242

Finished those last paint details; bare metal around trigger area, and made the handle and t-tracks solid black (no metal wear weathering) since those areas on a real sterling prop would not wear as such.

IMG_1463.jpgIMG_1464.jpg

Additionally, my mount for the DH-17 rework and the 3d printed scope mount for the DL-18 should be arriving any day now.

Last edited:

I have moved on to the Battle Droid Blaster. I had this heavily modified about 10 years prior. My goal is to fill in the screw holes (except for the battery compartment), remove the raised text, Replace the plastic arm extensions with .5" steel flat bar, add detail paint and weathering.

the extension arms are most likely going to take the most work. The plastic arms I removed were simply attached to the sides with no type of blending. I plan to cut out small sections so that the arms lay flush with the blaster's surface. My hopes is that with a little bond, the transition will be almost seamless.

Hopefully I can do this without screwing up the working lights and sounds.

IMG_1470.JPG

Looks like an easy an fun project Frank
I put mine up FS in the JY, since I am focussing my collection...will miss the time running around the house and scaring the cat with the blasters sounds :lol

p.s: Seems like it´s a dialog-thread between us two only ;)

Markus

Looks like an easy an fun project Frank

I have no skills, talent, or proper tools for these sort of thing so nothing is easy for me. Anything that requires, any amount of painting, sanding, bondo, and cutting/drilling scares the hell out of me and therefore not fun. :(

I do enjoy the satisfaction a good end result. But I there are times when I know that if I had better skills or tools, I might be able to do better. I'd love to be able to machine a special piece or have the patience to bond and sand a difficult seam line. given the choice, i would much rather buy a finished item than a DIY kit. However when some kits are good as yours (Markus) it does make the process simpler.

p.s: Seems like it´s a dialog-thread between us two only ;)

I know. What's up with that? But I appreciate your support. :D

Last edited:

I would love to get a DL-18 for a rebel trooper costume down the road. Any idea that the total is for a kit?

I would love to get a DL-18 for a rebel trooper costume down the road. Any idea that the total is for a kit?

I got mine from OdiWan72. He's located in Germany. It seems that that particular pellet gun is not often found in the US. I got mine when he a few kits available a several months ago in the Junkyard.

I would love to start a DL-18, but the pellet gun it's based on os pretty hard to find.

I'll have to see if I can hunt one down, or find when he is doing another run. Thanks!

The screw holes are filled in and the raise text sanded off. I also removed the knobs from the plastic arms. These knobs will be added to the new steel arms which I also cut to length today.

IMG_1471.JPG

The next step is to cut recesses where the arms will sit on the back. I have to clean up the knobs and fill in gap when I add them to the bar.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back