ANH 'Reveal' Macrobinoculars - Gathering vintage parts & building it

Re: ANH Macrobinoculars - Gathering vintage parts & building it :)

Fantastic work. Just won an Eumig a couple of hours ago... My first part for my own build :)

NIIIIICE!!!!

Just to understand this correctly...you plan to display the Macros only partially assembled, but with the intention of being able to put them together easily IF/ WHEN you want to!?

Markus

Thank you Markus.:)
That was the goal. But it's not working at all. The Kalimar parts came off easily but the Seagull would have to be destroyed to remove the knob. Don't know exactly if the Bell/Howell sundial came out without destroying it. Both parts are currently not on my macros yet. Maybe I'll complete it when I've more time.

Assembled bubble strip and Kalimar knobs on top of the hood housing.

Current state. Still working on getting the sideknobs onto the body.
If anybody have some advice how to remove the seagull knob without destroying the sideplate of the camera, let me know.

Andy,
Did you get this part? Most builders miss it.
mystery2.jpg
Image courtesy of Zombie Killer.

Heres one I scratch built and cast in resin:
IMG_9341.JPG

Heres where it goes.
IMG_9344.JPG

Hi Cameron. Thank you for the pics. Yes indeed, I got these also but haven't attached it yet. The little knob is taken from the front of the Eumig.

Can't say without doing some measurement, but the part beneath looks like a rim from a Tamiya 1/12 F1 kit

Eh what part are you talking about?

Sorry. On Camerons scratchbuilt part the piece sitting under the Eumig knob looks like a Tamiya 1/12 F1 kit. But that only means that Cameron might have used this for his scratch, but not that it was on the original. Looks great though :)
I'd probably end up using the same part :)

I simply wish there were some better pictures of this thing out there :(

I simply wish there were some better pictures of this thing out there :(

INDEED... There are so many references from all the lightsabers, models, guns,...but no one from the Macros. Well overseen and underrated. Probably because of folks coolest things from the beginning were the weapons.

if im reading this correctly, I think your referring to this part macro part.jpg

if it is, it's part of the eumig knob

No he meant the bit where the Eumig part attaches, I think its the wrong profile and more like a viewer?
$_12.JPG

My bad. Didn't know that was part of the Eumig knob. Ok then the part is easy peasy to scratch :)

Seems the MP4-6 didn't appear until 1991 :(

I've done some homework and finally overcome myself to remove the other parts for my built.
As I've only one set of Kalimar knobs I decided to use the black knobs from the Seagull, too. They indeed can be removed when moving them counter clockwise, in grabbing them with a pliers at the thin socket base.

And here it is with added black box and....some Exactra inerts plus a docking port to reload it after a long working day:thumbsup

I definately want to add the plate with the U-shaped lines. But I don't know in which angle. Some advice here?
So what do you guys think about that 'reveal' Macrobinoculars?

Last edited:
Thank you so much trooper:)
Without your lense plate, black box and viewer it wouldn't be half as nice.:thumbsup
They fit perfectly and are in one line up with the eumig.
Here's a little update with a reattached eumig inert:

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back