WBE's 2014 Mar-May Sculpture Contest Entry

WBE

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi there guys. Stepping out of my comfort zone entering this contest but I figured I've been wanting to sculpt for a long time now and this will motivate me to finally try it.

I plan on trying my hand at a Frank the Bunny mask from Donnie Darko. It's one of my favorite costume pieces and DD is one of my favorite movies. I missed Art's run of masks last year and have been wanting to try my hand at one myself.

I plan on sculpting it out of Monster Clay. I'm ordering about 25lbs of it. As I said, I've never done this before. I'm usually one to finish kits (Boba Fett in 501st and Thomas Bangalter of Daft Punk) but I've never seriously sat down with clay. I plan on taking a durable head armature and building it up with tin foil to help conserve clay.

I wish I wasn't starting this a month late but I finally decided to pursue something I've been wanting to try for a long time. I can't begin to count how many hours I've spent considering and picking the minds of the talented artists here.

So yeah that's all I have now. I should have all my clay and tools by the beginning of next week to start. This semester ends in a couple weeks so then my schedule will really open up to work on this.

Thanks for looking!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back