got my 'trek tool box'

Sulla

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Here's the tape box I got off of ebay. I cannot seem to find the dark gray foam seen in the show. Any thoughts as to where to get some? I will be painting it a more treklike gray color.

DSC02649.jpg

DSC02651.jpg

DSC02650.jpg

DSC02652.jpg

DSC02653.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GeneralMayhem @ Feb 20 2007, 10:53 PM) [snapback]1423152[/snapback]</div>

Cool, thanks for the heads up.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(trekprops.de @ Feb 21 2007, 05:53 AM) [snapback]1423276[/snapback]</div>
IS that a case they actually used on the show or is it something that "looks like it could have been used"?
[/b]
It's totally a case of "looks like it could have been used." Pun intended. :lol

Nice find.

Looks like it will turn out to be a case O'Brien would have been proud to use. ;) :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(apollo @ Feb 21 2007, 10:24 AM) [snapback]1423397[/snapback]</div>
Nice find.

Looks like it will turn out to be a case O'Brien would have been proud to use. ;) :)
[/b]
Thanks. That was the goal. I am going to doctor it up a bit on the outside as well as the inside. I'll keep posting updates as I go along.

Now I need to scratch build up some tools to go in the darned thing.

Andy,

If you haven't gotten the foam yet, I buy it locally in Danville, pretty cheap and it comes in 4 x 8 sheets 1 inch thick, if you only need a small amount to do this one case let me know I have extra. I'll pm you my phone number if you want to meet and pick it up prior to the prop party.

I have about 4 of the video recorder cases mentioned in your other thread, as well as the TNG tape case used.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sector 7G @ Feb 21 2007, 11:07 AM) [snapback]1423429[/snapback]</div>
Andy,

If you haven't gotten the foam yet, I buy it locally in Danville, pretty cheap and it comes in 4 x 8 sheets 1 inch thick, if you only need a small amount to do this one case let me know I have extra. I'll pm you my phone number if you want to meet and pick it up prior to the prop party.

I have about 4 of the video recorder cases mentioned in your other thread, as well as the TNG tape case used.
[/b]
Sweet. That is correct, I only need enough for this one case. I got your PM, thanks so much.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back