Post/Show Me Your GREEN ARROW Costumes Here!

ATBooks, I found another seller that has a costume that's more screen accurate in details.
Arrow Oliver Queen Green Arrow Cosplay Costume--- Green Arrow Cosplay Costume | CosplaySky.com
Look at the last picture of the gallery where it shows the redesign pants. Notice how the knee/shin area is more screen-accurate now.

They've had feedback from a few customers, myself included.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like I'll have to strip and dye it then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Negative.

A thin application of Angelus leather/vinyl "Midnight Green" does a decent job of color correcting and is, thus far, at least as durable as the vinyl itself.

Here is my Arrow costume almost finished just need to get the leather grip tape sorted.

Untitled-1.pngUntitled-2_edited.jpg

Pic of me at expo, and also current progress on the bow (fibreglass & balsa core, then fibreglassed). The mask is half finished, made it out of that polymorph plastic stuff, and moulded it over a plaster cast of my face. I'll probably make a thread for all my pix at some point. Also the first expo i did as green arrow I was BOILING! (in the skycostume costume), i got one of those underarmour compression top and it worked wonders. Was comfortable enough to walk around inside for longer than 10 minutes!
20140308_173016 (Large).jpg579259_10153382357245494_1857581935_n.jpg

ATBooks, I found another seller that has a costume that's more screen accurate in details.
Arrow Oliver Queen Green Arrow Cosplay Costume--- Green Arrow Cosplay Costume | CosplaySky.com
Look at the last picture of the gallery where it shows the redesign pants. Notice how the knee/shin area is more screen-accurate now.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397942219.338806.jpg This is actually from WonderCon and the same the link you just posted. The guy didn't even modify it or make adjustments so here's the suit unmodified and unchanged. Looks decent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've just received the cosplaysky Arrow costume and thought I'd give a review of my initial impressions.

- Jacket
The chest and shoulder measurements were good but the arms were about three centimetres too long which means they were probably proportional since every jacket and shirt I get is out by the same amount - obviously my arms are shorter than average. The hood clips onto the jacket with press studs, a practical arrangement since it makes it so that you can take them both off and on as one unit.

- Trousers
The inside leg measurement was right, but the waistband is cut a little high, a problem if you were to wear them just with a belt. With braces (suspenders in the US) this is not a problem. Personally I find braces the best option for costumes anyway, especially if you are going to be doing a lot of movement.

- Quiver
The quiver itself is formless and needs a solid case inside it. Screenshots show the quiver to be slung high on the right shoulder at 45 degrees but so far this looks like it sits too high and is meant to be vertical. It's short and tight but serviceable if I can get it lower - I feel like I have a parrot perched on my shoulder! I'm starting to suspect that they mixed the strap for the arrow holster with the strap for the quiver

- Arrow Holster
The strap seems too long to fit on the hip so I've slung it over my left shoulder to sit on my right hip

- Bracer
Same story: if you don't look close it looks ok. It has loops instead of clips as on the original

- Gloves
Simple black pleather costume gloves, they fit, but look nothing like the real thing.

- What you don't get
Boots, Mask, Bow, Arrows, Flechettes

- Overall
I feel it is good value. For party or casual cosplay use, you could wear this costume straight out of the bag with a pair of black combat boots and eye makeup to give a reasonable season 1 look. Because they have made a success of capturing the patterns on the jacket and pants, these make a good basis for a better costume that could be built up gradually, replacing items with improvements. Wearing at Supanova in Sydney in two weeks time, I'll post pics from that.

Kirok of L'Stok

Last edited:
I've just received the cosplaysky Arrow costume and thought I'd give a review of my initial impressions.

- Trousers
The inside leg measurement was right, but the waistband is cut a little high, a problem if you were to wear them just with a belt. With braces (suspenders in the US) this is not a problem. Personally I find braces the best option for costumes anyway, especially if you are going to be doing a lot of movement.
Can you post pics in the front of pants around the knee and shin area? According to cosplaysky, they redesign it to make it more screen accurate. Please show your knees bending. I believe they have stretchable & breathable fabrics around the pleather, right?

99f8cfca62fb5fb3260c142e532b0138.jpg

Can you post pics in the front of pants around the knee and shin area? According to cosplaysky, they redesign it to make it more screen accurate. Please show your knees bending. I believe they have stretchable & breathable fabrics around the pleather, right?
Arrow,Cosplaysky,Pants-1.jpg
This is a comparison of a leg detail shot via Primrodo on the Definitive CW Arrow Thread and some snaps taken without flash indoors of the pants. The faux leather is a light grade and you can see where it has 'bagged' at the knees just from the half-dozen times I've tried them on. From the shot of the original on the left, you can see that the chevron pieces are actually 'laced' on to give the knees flexibility. You're right, there is light, breathable material around the pleather and they are damned comfortable!

The detail shot on the right shows the construction of the Cosplaysky leg panels. It's pretty intricate work really and captures the look of the pants, but it's not screen accurate. I'd like to hear from someone who has had one of these costumes for a while to see how they stand up to wear and tear.

I never noticed until I did this comparison graphic the difference in colour - the CosplaySky pleather is definitely olive green as against the forest green of Primrodo's shot.

Cheers

K

Edit - Reading back just say Tvayumat's post about using 'Angelus leather/vinyl "Midnight Green"' to improve the colour. Adding that to my list of things to do!

Last edited:
I was waiting until I had some good pictures to share. These are from Dallas Comic-Con. Second time Hooding up as The Arrow.

IMG_8726.JPG IMG_8727.JPGredcarpet1.jpgredcarpet2.jpg

I started this costume before the Sci-Fi Expo in February but ran out of time. I was prepared for Dallas Comic-con.

-Tailored the suit two different times for a tight fit
-Dyed the hood using hunter green to better match the olive drab color of the suit.
-Finished the Season 1 Bow (Vigilante Re-curve)
-All new quivers, back, hip, arm.

Here's one more for fun:

IMG_8657.JPG

I'll be modifying my suit even more after A-Kon this weekend. Hoping to re-color the suit and add the stretch panels in time for the next convention this fall/winter and SEASON 3!

P.S. I'd just like to add that without the help of this great community and the The Definitive CW Arrow Thread I would not have been able to achieve this. Special shout-out to member Tvayumat who first turned me onto the forum.

Last edited:
Heres mine that I got from ebay recently! I made a lot of improvements that aren't shown in these photos. I still need to finish the bow for Chicago Comic-Con
DSC_0110.jpg
DSC_0094.JPG

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back