Ahsoka tano S3 build

FumblesMcStupid

I am starting to make a s3 Ahsoka costume, I just got my fabric today from the fabric District in LA. The fabric looks a lot more red than it actually is in the picture. I'm not sure of what the fabric actually is (The person selling it wasn't super knowledgeable) but it is stretchy so it should come together pretty easily. Hopefully I will have the fit muslin made next weekend. I plan on using a dress I have and using that as the base pattern and altering it.
ahsoka.jpg

For the head piece I am having my uncle who has worked with composites for the past 20 years help me. we are debating making it one of two ways. option (a. making a base out of Styrofoam and carving it then building it up with clay, then coating it with skin flex a/d/c brushable and then eating away the Styrofoam and clay with something corrosive, then filling it with a flexible foam and viola, a head piece! option (b. being building the top part of the head piece out of Styrofoam and carving it and make the ttentacles out of fabric and then paint over ti with the skinflex A/B/C brushable and filling that with flexible foam. any input on what would be a better option would be awesome.

I'm also wondering how other people did the buckles on her boots and gauntlets, I couldn't find anything similar to them.

I also have questions on the make up, I have a nightcrawler outfit and for that I usually just use Wolfe water based make up and a sponge to put it on, but it seems like for the ahsoka costume that might take quite a long time and not be as even. so if anyone has any suggestions there that would be awesome.

I'm just really excited to get this costume underway!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back