Kids Ghostbusters suits for Halloween 2014 with custom proton packs WIP

BMP Props

Hello RPF, for my next project I will be taking a break from the halo universe and making legit Ghostbusters costumes for my twin 6 year old boys. I started the proton packs this morning, scratch building from Styrofoam, craft foam, and random objects. I need to source out the patches and name tags if anyone can suggest a good source. I'm having trouble finding khaki colored jumpsuits for kids, but I might just go with OD Green as I've found a pretty good looking one. Anyway, here is what I have so far. The basic housing of the proton pack cyclotrons.

Got a lot done today, the cyclotron portion of both proton packs is pretty much done. Just have to make covers for the 'n- filters'.

I'd say we're looking pretty good so far.

Added the red gels to the cyclotron eyes and added one more coat of paint. Lights will be installed later. I also cut the motherboards, which will be attached to custom PVC A.L.I.C.E. frames for support. I plan on having the crank generators done tonight. I think its coming along nicely.

I haven't gotten a whole lot done as I've been pretty much bedridden for the past few days with a horrible bug. Finished painting the frames, added the boosters, and added the two cylinders beneath the PPD. Just need to finish the injectors on the left side and the main body will be done. I found a high def file with all the labels, so I can scale them and print them on stickers. After that its just finding all the little detail components and wires. Should be able to start the wands this week.

what did you paint the Styrofoam with ?? - plus when i made my nephew a GB Proton Pack i got him a Gray Jogging top and bottoms as it says in the film "ghostbusters are at it again this tine at the dace club the rose, the boys in gray fight it out with a pretty pesky poltergeist then stayed the night to dance the night away "

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?....146554906476.141599.551336476&type=3&theater

Depending on the lighting their coveralls / flight-suits could be grey or khaki.
I've seen navy blue, black and olive drab (green) suits. :)
So either would be acceptable colors, depending on what's available in your area.

BTW, AWESOME packs made from foam! Nicely done so far!

Gamera68 - the Gray Jogging top and bottoms was al i could find and afford at the time plus i wasn't gonna spend a lot on something i knew hew was gonna use once or twice lol. I have got a tan / khaki UK flight suit that need replacing when i can afford it as it don't look right and don't fit proper and i also ha a gray and black one
DSC00450.JPGDSC00452.JPGDSC00456.JPGDSC00464.JPG
http://www.engelbert-strauss.co.uk/Work-_Safetywear/Overalls/Overalls_e_s_image-33401447-63343-47-646.html

DSC00450.JPG

DSC00452.JPG

DSC00456.JPG

DSC00464.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back