CADEUS's - (1:6 scale TITAN Atlas)

Cadeus

Sr Member
Hi! I am Cadeus. I am 38 years old and I have been building models for a very long time. Most of the models I build are kit models and I have never used LED's or electronics. I also sculpt, leathercraft and I raise Bonsai trees. I have Asperger's, so I get bored easily. That's why I do several things at once. :) My interest has never been genre specific, just awesome specific. When it comes to models I like detail, so the bigger the better. The only limits we have are the limits we place on ourselves. So dream big and build bigger!

So, this is it- the TITAN: Atlas, from TITANFALL (in 1:6 scale). I will be using cardboard to build up the basic shapes. I hope that, as I build it, I can find some more accurate pics for the details. If you don't follow games, this is what this bad-boy looks like:
View attachment 306495View attachment 306496
1:6 scale puts the model at 40 inches tall. That's big enough, isn't it? This is a 100% scratch-build... wish me luck!:)

Attachments

• 20140307230145!Titan_and_Pilot.png
    20140307230145!Titan_and_Pilot.png
    342.1 KB · Views: 2,562
  • TF-Panoramic-Overwatch.jpg
    TF-Panoramic-Overwatch.jpg
    360.4 KB · Views: 1,878
  • 20140402_204627.jpg
    20140402_204627.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 268
Last edited:
Re: TITANFALL- 1:6 scale TITAN: Atlas build

There's a collector's Edition that comes with a nice statue of a titan and a hardcover book with lots of reference imagery, as well as a poster that gives a schematic illustration of the Atlas.... all very good references for the monster. You can find the poster and book on ebay right now separate from the set.
Very cool idea, this thing is going to be MASSIVE!!

Add in servos and an EZ-B Robot controller and voice command this thing!!!!!
Sounds like a great project
My 1/6 scale army is waiting to see what you build.

Hey guys. First,I want to thank you for your patience with me. I will begin building shortly. I decided to enter this puppy in the model forum contest here at the rpf. And I really wanted to hold out for some better references, but to no avail. I will be modifying my first post soon in accordance with the contest rules and then it will be game-on for the build. If you can imagine it, this Atlas will be 40 inches tall when it is finished! I can't wait to see it, myself! Thanks again for your patience.

Re: CADEUS's 2014 Model Contest Entry- (1:6 scale TITAN Atlas)

Alright ladies and gentlemen, I am proud to say that I have begun building! These are the most import tools in my arsenal:
20140405_151847.jpg

And this is my build!
20140405_152012.jpg20140405_152148.jpg
I took my references and measured them all, calculated my scaling factor and then drew the parts to scale...
20140405_182153.jpg
And then I used card-board and hot glue to assemble the pieces together. Piece of cake! I wish I had more progress for you tonight but it took a long time to find the cardboard. But I will have lots more progress post-haste. That bicept is tight, though. This booger is gonna be sweet! :D Stay tooned for more, and thanks for looking.

questions, comments... BRING IT! :)

Cadeus

Hey man, just noticed that the link to your date proof pic isn't working. Can you try re-posting?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

@Cadeus

Hey man, just noticed that the link to your date proof pic isn't working. Can you try re-posting?

Thanks!
I am on it. Thanks for the heads up...

I just re-posted it and checked the link. It should work now. Thanks again!:) I am putting a lot of effort into this build. I would hate to miss out on first place because I didn't qualify. LOL! I found a 1/6 scale figure at my local re-sale shopand I am going to convert it into a pilot. I'll have some pics up soon.

Last edited:

I am trying to multi-task to get this thing done by the due date. While I am waiting for more materials for the chasi, I decided to use some birch-wood I had to begin constructing the XO-16 Chain gun I found a realy nice render done in CG of it on-line. The guy who made it is a genious, because he used a side-view and game references to build it. And at 1/6 scale, it'll be 27 1/2 inches long! I'll have some progress pics up by the end of the day Sunday. Thanks!
1978370_772947389382225_8592310838372926456_o.jpg

Thanks for popping in on me. It is coming along. I know I am running out of time, but she will be finished. I'll have some more progress pics up by this weekend... the rifle is almost a project by itself. :) Thanks again for checking! :D

Thanks for popping in on me. It is coming along. I know I am running out of time, but she will be finished. I'll have some more progress pics up by this weekend... the rifle is almost a project by itself. :) Thanks again for checking! :D

:thumbsup :)

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

Really interested in seeing how this is coming along. :)

Been playing this game since it came out.

I will have progress posted very very soon. I have an FBI exam I have been studying for. It's my last exam for the semester, and then I have all the time I need to finish this thing by the dead-line. Thanks for your patients, guys.

Good luck with both the model and the exam!

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

1:6 scale TITAN Atlas WIP *UPDATED*

Alright people, thanks for being patient. I have made some subtle progress on this thing... I didn't make the contest entry, but I am still gonna finish it. Now that the pressure is off I have a lot of good ideas to make it even better: I will fabricate an interior complete with display screens and LED lights so I can get one of those 1:6 scale dolls from sideshow and sculpt a pilot for it. I would even like to make it functional and durable enough to play with... not that I would be, but I still plan to make two so I can sell one. Anyway, here is the big update-

I thought I would start with the rifle, cause IT'S A BIG GUN! :)
(I love guns!!!)
DSCN1819.JPG

This is my three-year-old holding the gun... It's BIG
DSCN1825.JPG

This may not look like much but you wouldn't believe how few references there are on the net for the "torso". I had to scrutinize a lot of pics to find the dimensions and basic shape of it. Then I had my trusty calculator, ruler and caliper to figure out the dimensions and start building a frame for it. I still need to skin it, fiber-glass it and bondo it so I can add all the little details, but it's a really good start IMO.
DSCN1821.JPGDSCN1820.JPG

And this is a shot of all the parts I have managed to fabricate in an "exploded view" considering their location within the model. Like I said, I am using basic tools and some basic geometry to figure all this out. I wish I had CAD or a fancy lathe or something, but I am poor, so I gotta tackle this thing cave-man style. That is also why I have used cardboard instead of wood... I just don't have the tools I need to do it in wood. Again, I am pretty proud of the result, so far.
DSCN1824.JPG
(PS- That isn't a 20oz. bottle of soda, in case you were wondering... it's a 2 liter! :D)
In the words of Rudy- This is gonna be hot, hot HOT!!!

Please let me know what you think and if anyone has any ideas or criticisms, I would love to hear it. Thanks for looking. I'll see you again soon.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back