CADEUS's - (1:6 scale TITAN Atlas)

Re: CADEUS's - (1:6 scale TITAN Atlas) WIP *updated*

man this is going to be epic! please keep us updated :D

Thanks for looking. :D I will be updating in the next few days. My son dropped my phone in the toilet, so I had to get a digital camera. I put my phone in rice like I was told to and it works now, but I can't watch videos or take pics with it. I have gotten the hands worked out on paper so I just need to cut the pieces out of birch plywood and assemble them, and I am two seconds away from skinning the torso and fiber-glassing it in prep for bondo, sanding, bondo........ the FUN stuff. :unsure I also need to get the cod figure out, but it isn't easy. If anyone can shoot me some pics of the cod from different angles it would help. There is next to nothing on the net right now that is useful. Thanks again for your support. I will try not to disappoint anyone.

Just HUGE mate

Nice

Gag

Welcome aboard, Gag! :) I am honored that you think so highly of my work, thus far... In the words of Lt. Valeris, "I could only succeed you, sir." Your craft and skill have greatly impressed me, and I aspire to build as you do. Be sure to subscribe. I will have an update soon and should be done fabricating the major pieces by the end of next week. Then the fun stuff will come: the detail! :) bondo, primer, plastic.... I have firmly decided to craft the final prototype of fiberglass and resin. She will be lighted and have a fully detailed pilot's hub. And I intend to design the joints to be "posable", so that it will have multiple postures. I would welcome any ideas or criticisms along the way. Again, thanks for looking! :D

I wish this was a progress report, but it isn't. I just wanted to let y'all know I was still working on this. I had an accident with the body and had to scrap it. My first experiment with fiber-glass was a disaster. When they say no humidity, they mean it. LOL! So I have to rebuild the body, again. I am really busy at work but I will try to have some progress posted soon. Thanks for your support. :)

Keep going, it´s a cool design and very well worth being built. And I love seeing scratch builds!

Hello. Just wondered if you were still working on this? I'm planning one of my own in 1/6th scale.

Hello. Just wondered if you were still working on this? I'm planning one of my own in 1/6th scale.
Hi, BeginnerMaker. Yes, I am still working on it. I should have some progress posted in about 5 days. By then I will have finished fabricating the base pieces, and RE-fabricated the torso. Then I can focus on the chain-gun while I am waiting for my smooth-on goodies to get here. I am glad you are interested in my work. And welcome to the rpf! :) If you start your own I hope you will send me a link to your build thread, or post it here. I would love to see your progress.

Hello Cadeus, you have a great project here. I would like to tackle complete scratch build project but don't have big enough balls as some of you guys here. So, I stick to model kits. If it's created...I make it. If it isn't...I dream about it :)

You are doing great and I know I can learn new tricks from following your work. So, I'm in with a pen and a pad. So, fire away ;)

Mike

Hello Cadeus, you have a great project here. I would like to tackle complete scratch build project but don't have big enough balls as some of you guys here. So, I stick to model kits. If it's created...I make it. If it isn't...I dream about it :)

You are doing great and I know I can learn new tricks from following your work. So, I'm in with a pen and a pad. So, fire away ;)

Mike

Thank-you, Mike. I'll do my best to live up to your expectations. :) I am no engineer, but my "old-school" methods still get the job done. Sometimes I wish I knew CAD or Blender, but what I know works. ;) I will have something new for you in a few days, I hope.

Brother, I hear ya. I still use a lot of old school methods into plastic modeling and I too wish I knew CAD or other programs because I see guys doing great work using them. So, like you I'm down with Ol school :D

Mike

I have some bad news, guys. When I came home from church today, I discovered that my Dutch Shepard had decided to chew my model to bits. :facepalm Reluctantly, I am motivated to start again, but it will take me a couple of weeks to collect materials and achieve the progress I had made, let-alone make more progress. I am sorry to you all for this. I know you were looking forward to seeing some more, and I was really excited about the progress I had made. Please keep me subscribed, and I will be thrilled to post new progress as soon as I have some.

Oh no, what a feeling that must have been when you saw that. I'm sorry man.

Oh! I'm sorry Cadeus-san.

But I think you should start it over as soon as possible.
Believe me, second try is always quicker, smoother and better by far.

katsu

Thank-you, guys for your interest and support. I haven't given up. I recently went to the copy shop to have some more references printed out, and I have spent some time reviewing and taking measurements. I know I already had some references, but more is better. :) My wife and I manage 7 properties, and I have been quite busy with repairs recently. But I am done, now... I will begin building again tomorrow, and I have a lot of new ideas I have been developing, so I hope this time around it will be better. So stay tuned and I'll put something up soon... I did manage to build a rough form of the cod, but it isn't perfect. I am trying to decide how I need to modify it to be correct. This thing has some interesting geometry! :) OH, and I am finally teaching myself Blender, so I am hoping to use Blender to design some of the more intricate pieces and have them printed, but that isn't a promise. Money is an ever-present factor for me. I will be scratching the hands and feet out of card-board for reference, but the final pieces will either be sculpted from wood or printed. I think the gears will definitely be printed. As big as this thing is I don't want the geometry to look crapy. So there it is. I will try to have some images up of my progress in a few days. Thank-you so much for your support. There is a reason therpf is my modeling home. And you guys are it. Thank-you!

I downloaded a good 3d model of the Atlas titan and was able to open it in blender. Its good for reference. I'll try and get you a link if you want.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back