Moebius B-9 Lost In Space Robot X 3

Chrisisall

Sr Member
This is the most challenging model of my career. Moebius REALLY did their homework on this. This is my entire childhood in one kit. I'm weighing possibilities, testing ideas, my God, I've put these together 3 different ways in my head already... factoring in paint durability, shine vs. dull, realistically imperfect vs. ideal as in memory... in the next couple of weeks as I dive in deeper, I will make hard choices very quickly. I'm terrified!
EXCELLENT!!:thumbsup

Is no one else here doing this kit?

I have one. It's on the list.
It may be my next project. I'm holding off to see what kind of supplement kits come out. Mainly hoping for photo etch.

I would like some etch for the inside of the 'head' area.
The sides of the triangular 'brain' area, the 'crown' at the top and the 'ears'.
Thinner etched parts would be a nice touch.
I have read in a post that ParaGrafix is considering developing a set.

Still taking care of residual seam issues while testing new auxiliary sound units I just received today. Starling is my base unit, but I wanted to go the extra mile.

Why thank you Cap'n!! An encouraging word from a master is always highly appreciated!!
And one day I'll do my dream project of a perfect Millennium Falcon- your past work will guide me.

In the mean time, I just had to saw apart the tread sections, sand them & re-glue them because I felt they were a full mm+ too far apart. :eek

Sawing & sanding builds muscle tone.

First I heard of this.

Looking forward to your progress.

Like you this is the Iconic prop from my childhood!!

First I heard of this.

Looking forward to your progress.

Like you this is the Iconic prop from my childhood!!

Oh man, order one! I'm lighting these puppies, but if I wasn't they'd be done already; they go together so easily. And they're like $50 (I found one for $36).

Looking forward to you finished builds. My wife loves B9! I have to get her one at WF next month!

029-2.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back