MK38 Igor build (04/29> Painting and detailing)

A heat gun is not necessary at all. I just do it out of habit.

I'd think you;d be good to use the heat gun or seal with elmer's within an hour. I let mine sit overnight, but that's once again out of habit. Running Elmers over caulking that's not fully cured isn't going to cause any problems (as long as you're not brushing the heck out of the areas you just caulked :lol)

Just be careful with the caulking when you apply it; you want the edges as feathered out as possible, even with just your finger... PVa glue (and even Plastidip) will flow out and self-level a bit when you apply it, but caulking doesn't want to much at all. You want it to be as clean and neat as you can get it, otherwise ripples and ridges can show through your seal coats.

If I remember correctly, the can of Plastdip says to wait 30 minutes between coats. Is that what you do?

Also what do you think about doing 2 versus 3 coats of Elmer's glue all?

I wait about that long between coats of plasti.

If you've got the time, do 3 coats of PVA. It's easy to stop after 2, but 3 coats makes sure that all of the foam is coated over well. Even with 2 good coats, I always find spots where the foam has soaked it up and left a thin area.

Laellee, do you think it would be alright to paint with the Rustoleum 2x paint over Plastidip 1 - 1.5 hours after the last coat of Plastidip?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back