Black Cat Costume – Emerald City Comicon 2014

JuJuBean

I’m putting together a Black Cat (Spider-man) costume for the ECCC in less than a week. Really excited to be doing this character! At this point, the only thing I have left to do is sew on the fur trim (I’ll be using white feathers instead of fur). Here are some pics of what I have so far:

BlackCatMask2.jpgBlackCatMask.jpg
BlackCat3.jpgBlackCat2.jpg

I’ll post more when I get the whole costume finished!

Last edited:
Costume process and pieces:

Wig by Taobaopit
Mask by LME masks
Collar - handmade for me by a vendor at a Renaissance Faire, I just added a plain round pet tag by tying it on with a satin ribbon
Rubber look cat suit
Black satin under-bust corset by True Corset
Rubber look gloves - modified to allow metal claw rings to poke through each finger hole
I cut down the gloves to be just over wrist-length and I'm using the cut-off pieces to cover the tops of my shoes (black leather pumps)

Last edited:
oh jujubean your the cutest little black cat ever! :p
great job on the costume you nailed it perfectly!!:cool

I’m putting together a Black Cat (Spider-man) costume for the ECCC in less than a week. Really excited to be doing this character! At this point, the only thing I have left to do is sew on the fur trim (I’ll be using white feathers instead of fur). Here are some pics of what I have so far:

View attachment 301959View attachment 301960
View attachment 301961View attachment 301962View attachment 301964

I’ll post more when I get the whole costume finished!

NICE! Love what you have done so far. What day will you be at ECC? If your there on Sat, I'll be lookin for ya!! I was hoping someone would be cosplaying black cat, would love to get a pic with ya......

Thanks guys! I'll be at the ECCC all three days and I'll be going as Black Cat on Saturday. Definitely say hi if you see me! :D

Here are some close-up shots of the gloves (I cut tiny holes at the tip of each finger, poked the claw through, and then stitched a tight cuff of fabric around the claw opening):
Claws1.jpgClaws2.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you so much! I really tried to make the gloves look different than the usual Black Cat and Catwoman costume gloves with the built-in claws that I've seen. Plus, I figured a reformed cat burglar like Felicia would probably bedazzle her claws with some gems as a matter of principle anyways. ;)

One more pic! Here I am at ECCC with a very lovely lady who also made a Black Cat costume. You can compare the use of fur vs. feathers for the trim here too (I used feathers, she used fur). They are different looks - the reason I chose feathers over fur was that I really liked the way the feathers looked less uniform and more wild from far away. I've also seen people use (what I'm guessing is) white wig hair or synthetic hair as the fur trim by sewing it into the seams of a catsuit.

BlackCats.jpg
*I'm on the left.

Wow, just saw this. It came out awesomely!

Thank you very much! It was fun to do! The only thing that stumped me for a little while was figuring out the white fur trim, but I ended up using a relatively high-quality 6' feather boa that I cut into pieces and sewed onto the suit directly and that worked pretty well and gave me the long fur look I was going for.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back