Winter Soldier Stealth Costume in five days!

Tripleasg

We spent way too much time on the Winter soldier costume. My first promo appearance for Capt. America is this Wednesday, March 26. It is a prescreening for first responders and their families.

If We're not finished with the Stealth suit I will use my first avengers suit.

Day 1: can't find the fabric color thats right. We found a royal blue twill that will have to do. Dyed it in navy and then in black. Finally got the right color.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395447389.820276.jpg

We are using the same pattern for the pants that was made for the Winter soldier costume.
My neighbor created new kneepads. I think they turned out pretty good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Pants detail almost done. Going to try and size them up tonight.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395459210.690470.jpg
Put a fabric insert in inseat of solid black. I didn't like how it looked...

Wow! Tight deadline but it look like you have a great start. Good Luck!

Thanks. I'll post more in the am. The groove going... Both legs done. We are going to put elastic in behind the knee to suck in the fabric around the knee pad. We will go early to do a final fitting and the pants should be done by noon. :)

Last edited:
I just discovered that my awesome neighbor is a member of the RPF! Her username is Epic.
She has been an instrumental partner and designer in almost all of my builds! She is incredibly talented as a designer and fabricator of costumes. It's so much fun to work with her and create such cool costumes.

Last edited:
Epic and I have been working nonstop since my last post. She created a pattern for the top today. There are two different styles of shirt patterns one on top of the other in order to get the right look for the arms. She inserted foam into the shoulders to round them out and into the biceps we've also added padding and the forearms as well.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395717749.492830.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1395717771.030595.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1395717782.355512.jpg

Last edited:
Looks awesome man! great job!

If you don't mind a little critique, i'd say you could toss some straps on the boots to really pull those into the costume more.

I really like the gloves you went with (i think it's a little dumb to not have knuckle protection if your going to be punch people, even with super solider serum it'd still hurt), do you have a close up shot of those and/or a link to them online?

Looks awesome man! great job!

If you don't mind a little critique, i'd say you could toss some straps on the boots to really pull those into the costume more.

I really like the gloves you went with (i think it's a little dumb to not have knuckle protection if your going to be punch people, even with super solider serum it'd still hurt), do you have a close up shot of those and/or a link to them online?

I don't mind a critique it all! I agree with you! I think that putting straps on the boots would be a great addition. I just was running out of time. But it's done enough to do the events that I need to this week. Thanks for the encouragement!

I got the gloves on eBay. They are the Oakley in coyote Tan. They were like 12 bucks. They have been dyed with brown industrial fabric paint.

Last edited:
Just want to give a great shout out to Epic. You are such an incredible designer!! Thanks for your tireless work on these amazing pieces of art!!!

She hit the deadline just an hr or so before the gig.
yvuredeb.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back