Captain America ebay stealth suit?

Alright, So after owning this costume for 24 hours, I have my review. So lets start off with what I got. You receive the coat, the pants, gloves, belt, shield harness thingy, and the "helmet". Right out of the box, the detail looked great. I already knew I would be replacing the star, but it actually doesn't look that awful. I'm replacing the star with Cosplay Sky's star they sell, http://cosplaysky.com/captain-america-the-winter-soldier-steve-rogers-metal-star-badge-insignia.html Anyways, this costume is HARD to put on alone. Mostly because the collar is detachable with these snaps on the front, so whenever you try to put the harness on, it knocks it off. I eventually learned to get it on my own. Once I put the costume on, I noticed that the coat was super, super short. I did custom measurements, so I didn't really know what was up. I'm starting to think its supposed to look that way so it looks like a one piece costume. The pants were great, had no problem with those. The Belt looks pretty good. The only problem with that is that there is no way to adjust it. It was a bit small so I pinned it to the right size. I'll sew it up later. The helmet...lets not talk about that... The metal pieces on the costume look really good. Thats about it :p But I did buy a photo-op with Sebastian Stan (Winter Soldier) and Anthony Mackie (The Falcon) at Chicago Comic-Con, So that should be fun!
DSC_0701.jpgDSC_0698.jpgDSC_0683.JPGDSC_0688.JPGDSC_0684.JPGDSC_0692.JPG

Interesting... So is the coat a slip-on instead of a zipper? Also, did those gloves come with the costume? And could you possibly post up a pic of the snaps you mentioned?

Thanks,
Aeric

Interesting... So is the coat a slip-on instead of a zipper? Also, did those gloves come with the costume? And could you possibly post up a pic of the snaps you mentioned?

Thanks,
Aeric
DSC_0689.JPGDSC_0706.JPG
Here you go, yeah its like the weird piece you put on after the entire thing is on. And its has a zipper on the back. The gloves did come with the costume, they're Okay. I'm probably going to be replacing them.

Thanks for the extra pics! That zipper must not go down very far, as I can't really see it on the picture you posted of the back. I really appreciate all the info; I might be replacing my hellocosplay suit with this one. Also, whats the material like?

Aeric

Thanks for the review harrypotterfan. For the jacket how short are we talking about? Like if you bend over, will your skin show in the back? I can sorta see how short it is from your pics but not sure if the pants go up high enough to cover the gap when your torso bends. I also think if you find a way to secure the belt onto the bottom of the jacket (velcro perhaps) that will help.

Sizing question here. Seems like those who did the custom sizing with CosplaySky ended up with measurements too small/short. Has anyone ordered a standard size and is that true to size? I'm looking at their size medium and I'm a inch or so taller than the size chart, not sure if that's going to be an issue.

I ordered a standard size, thinking it would be fine by the measurements listed. That was not the case, as i found out.

I ordered a standard size, thinking it would be fine by the measurements listed. That was not the case, as i found out.

From what you wrote earlier it sounds like the jacket's too short but waist and pants are too wide. You recommend just ordering a size up and then tailoring it?

I guess the shoulder's are okay. Could be better. Apologize for the mess and potato quality:

View attachment 351440

Wow, yours fits a LOT better than mine!
So, my skycostume outfit arrived yesterday. Big kudos on the fast turnaround. The quality is as expected, very good. I will be replacing the stripes and leather but I knew that going in. I put some 100% acetone on a clean rag and wiped down the entire jacket lightly. Worked wonders on removing the shine of the fabric. Also lightened the blue a touch so it's not quite so dark. To me the fabric now almost looks like canvas, at any rate a lot closer to the screen suit. I haven't done the pants yet so I'll post some side by side photos tonight.
Now my complaint, sizing. I gave precise custom measurements and eveything is pretty spot-on except for the width/waist measurement. The jacket around the belly is probably about 6-10" too big in total. However I think I can work with it or maybe put in a couple darts to trim it, haven't decided. The pants however, are essentially unbearable. While the length is perfect the waist is EASILY 10-12" too big. To the point where I asked a local seamstress who does costume alterations about it, and she said she wouldn't do anything with it because you'd have to cut away so much fabric you'd essentially have to make a new pair of pants. I messaged them last night so we'll see what happens.
Pics tonight when I get home.

That seems to be a recurring issue, hopefully CosplaySky makes it right. I'm wondering if there's any way to communicate to them during order placement NOT to make the waist so wide to avoid having to deal with exchanges, but the language barrier probably makes this difficult.

I agree the Heroix's suit does have the best overall fit to his body so far, it's still a tad big on him but workable. Curious to know how he got them to deliver a close enough size.

I purchased one from Cosplaysky as well. I ordered it from their website. It fits very well. I am reworking the harness and glove to look a little better. The gloves were a little tight. The material was a pleather like material and the costume is warm as a result of the materials and padding as said. The center star is made of metal and is very nice but as stated before the stripes and patches could use some work. Its definitely a good base suit to work from though. I am 6'1 and go about 240 for reference

capcopy.jpg

Sooooo are sky costume and cosplay sky the same company? The appear to have the same stock photos but different websites and prices. That and I wonder if both company's have a problem with their custom sizing or is it just cosplay sky. Hmmmm

I purchased one from Cosplaysky as well. I ordered it from their website. It fits very well. I am reworking the harness and glove to look a little better. The gloves were a little tight. The material was a pleather like material and the costume is warm as a result of the materials and padding as said. The center star is made of metal and is very nice but as stated before the stripes and patches could use some work. Its definitely a good base suit to work from though. I am 6'1 and go about 240 for reference

View attachment 352759
your socks are upside down

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

So after looking at the posted pictures from other people, SkyCostume may not be the same as Cosplayskye but I can't be sure. My suit is definitely different from Harrypotterfan's but it looks a lot like snakeeye316's.

Instead of Snaps, mine is velcro and the detachable collar has the leather harness attached to it. I'm currently traveling so I don't have pictures to explain, but with the harness sewn into a loop on the collar, it almost lets you wear the collar piece like a backpack.

I ordered it from Skycostume on eBay and just did the premade size "Large", so no custom sizing for me. The Jacket does come out to be just right on me, surprisingly, and that picture would have looked better if I shifted the belt down a little to hide the edge of the jacket. I'm a 42" chest and a shade below 5'11" tall so it just happened to work out right and coincided with their sizing chart. Now when I ordered it from ebay, it came a couple days late, and when I asked, they responded that because it was a new costume they were working some things out with it. That may explain the changes from Harrypotterfan's suit to mine and how mine is more similar to snakeeyes' suit.

As far as the suit fit goes, it fits well, but I guess it looks a little big because the arms are a but long. I'm not so worried about the pant legs since they'll be tucked into boots anyway. Again, still very happy with the suit.

View attachment 352759

What size did you order if you don't mind me asking? Seems like people are having better luck with standard sizes.

Alright, So I've been tweaking my costume a bit. I tightened the belt more, but I think I'm going to use velcro to keep it down like Third3ye suggested. The top still looks a little big though...does anyone know any tips to fixing this? I would bring it to a seamstress but can they do a job like that? Also, What boots are people are using for this outfit?
webcam-toy-photo101.jpgwebcam-toy-photo105.jpgwebcam-toy-photo104.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back