Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this?

Last edited:
So the question is what are they going to put there? An empty void? A door?

Good Question.

I also noticed there is no gunner access hallway in the Falcon. Han and Luke take two steps into the gunner tubes.??????????????????????

- - - Updated - - -

On the official build diaries they call it "gun turret access passage"

Last edited by a moderator:
You can see where it meets the hallway and then meets what will be the gunner station but it ain't what's in the movie. I know they had to do some compromising to make it fit in the model.

BTMF_026_08-done.jpg

The gunner access hallway has to be in the deagostini falcon because the gunner tube would be off center if it were like the studio set in the movies. That's just another one of those things that they didn't have to worry about when they built the movie sets by having to match the internals with the movie falcon because the movie falcon never had any internals (meaning the gunnery access tube and hallways ect.) that they had to match up with anything, if that makes sense. This is just my observation of course

The gunner access hallway has to be in the deagostini falcon because the gunner tube would be off center if it were like the studio set in the movies. That's just another one of those things that they didn't have to worry about when they built the movie sets by having to match the internals with the movie falcon because the movie falcon never had any internals (meaning the gunnery access tube and hallways ect.) that they had to match up with anything, if that makes sense. This is just my observation of course

I never noticed that until recently. Somebody somewhere recently showed where the gunner stations would be based on the interior sets and as you said it was way off.

It just took my middle aged eyes a few tries to see how this was going to fit in.

Still think it's one of the best things ever to come out of the prop world.

The worst part is the waiting for the mailman.

If your good at scratch building, I thought about maybe putting a false tube somehow right at the hallway to give the appearance that the gunnery access tube is just a couple steps from the hallway. not sure how feasible that is but it's a thought anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Same here!! I love this model and YES the mailman is super slow sometimes! Well, all the times :)

OK I cannot resist this any longer...I am going to subscribe and gett cracking on this Falcon.

Spurred on by some of the great builds going on, loads of ideas and super detailing, especially the interior, which I was going to give a miss, but now...no option but to dive in.

Question, as I am a late starter, does anyone know how they ship the mags to late starters? Do we catch up or forever stay behind?

Is there anyone in the UK or US that would be willing to send this to someone over here in Australia. Not sure how it could be done with the subscription and all but maybe someone is doing it and could point me in the right direction. I have been told about Ebay sellers but not sure I would want to go that way or how much extra they would charge etc.

OK I cannot resist this any longer...I am going to subscribe and gett cracking on this Falcon.

Spurred on by some of the great builds going on, loads of ideas and super detailing, especially the interior, which I was going to give a miss, but now...no option but to dive in.

Question, as I am a late starter, does anyone know how they ship the mags to late starters? Do we catch up or forever stay behind?

You forever stay behind. I have heard rumor that once the entire run is complete they will allow people to buy like 30-40 issue batches at a time or even the entire run at once. But until the entire run is completed first, you'll be just like the rest of us, just a few months behind.

Is there anyone in the UK or US that would be willing to send this to someone over here in Australia. Not sure how it could be done with the subscription and all but maybe someone is doing it and could point me in the right direction. I have been told about Ebay sellers but not sure I would want to go that way or how much extra they would charge etc.

That's a pretty big ask for someone, its not like its a one off thing.

2years and multiple deliveries and all the hassle that goes with dealing with deagostini.

I thought it was already available in oz?

That's a pretty big ask for someone, its not like its a one off thing.

2years and multiple deliveries and all the hassle that goes with dealing with deagostini.

I thought it was already available in oz?

Yes would have to be something in it for them. No word when or if we will be getting it.

Not sure but I think I have seen some adverts for stuff.

I actually have 2 orders coming from news agents in the UK that I found through ebay. They charge me 20-25 dollars more than my subscription here in the US, and I think most of that charge is for shipping. Sure they pocket a little extra but it isn't much. They arrive fairly consistently, so basically I get 2 new issues every 2 weeks. If you find a seller you like just ask if they would be willing to set aside an issue every week and send them once a month. That's what I did and it is working out great. Also they should be able to get back issues and get you caught up quicker. Hope this helps!

Tony, are you going to be fixing the issues with the scale of the dash/controls piece? This is a piece I'd like to get, but don't want to pick it up unless it's something I can drop right down and glue on the Deago dash, without heavy modification. The piece looks great... just needs to fit. :)

Thanks,
Chris

Wanted to let you know that I just received the version with the yokes and the dimensions seem way off, especially along the Y-axis. There's no way this will replace the decal and and sit on the stock control panel without significant modification. Sitting on top of the stock controls does exaggerate the size difference a bit, but it's still pretty off. Several of the controls were also broken off out of the box. This is pretty much a bust for me at my skill level. Kind of an expensive learning experience on my part.

View attachment 494724

Hey Guys, did some dry fit test, with Shapeways stuff and some scratch building, I need to re-do the panel above the computer hold and glue some of the stuff down

View attachment 496480View attachment 496481View attachment 496482View attachment 496483View attachment 496484

Holy Good God that is sweeeettt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been waiting for someone to show these off. OMG that looks incredible.

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D:):lol:popcorn:cool:thumbsup:love:cheers:p;)

Supposedly there are remailer companies that do this sort of thing, think I've read on some forum of someone doing that, might even be on this tread if you go back 10-15 pages or less. DeAgo has said Australian subscription should be starting early 2016.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back