Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this?

Hi Chris, Yeah it was. I remember selling you that model 13 years ago! It was seeing that you are in on this build that made me decide to go for it in the end myself. I thought if a stingy scotsman thinks its worth while, then it must be lol.

I just collect issue 1-24 for £60. All unopened. I'm sure i will be able to buy the wall hanger from somewhere. I'm going to need it i think to display it.

LOL

maybe i'm just saving it all up to unload onto ebay for a profit!

i've not touched a single copy yet so it might still happen.

you got a bargain there for sure, i think the wall bracket will be just a standard fitting for monitors etc.. well it looks like it anyway.

i don't think i can compete with you in any build as you go the extra mile and i just can't be arsed anymore.

i don't think i will even do the interior if i ever start this thing. i've never built a SS model before.

mine will be wall mounted and have a glass canopy to stop the dust getting in.

anyway welcome on board to the build and eagerly awaiting you showing them how its done.

(no pressure)

-z

Chris, Thanks for the welcome. But i don't think i will be doing any mods. I don't have the time and at 41 years old, i can't really be arsed either.
The plan at the moment is to just build it as standard. All my spare time needs to go on helmet props like Scouts and troopers. I can always repaint it sometime in the future if it looks too crap standard.

Keith.

The UK is able to start their subscription from pretty much any issue until after the initial run has completed. If successful enough, and affordable enough, they'll switch it over to 12 / 24 month subscriptions like they have done with several of their older partworks.

It amazes me the interest there still is in their HMS Victory partwork, despite it being the AL kit repackaged with some changes.

Those of us down under will be given a similar option too, but after the initial run it won't be available anymore in Australia. DeAg, Eaglemoss, Hachette, all of them have yet to reissue a partwork in Australia after it's initial run.

For those of us down under also, I cannot stress this enough. DO NOT subscribe to the Falcon through the official channels! After the first issue arrives at newsagents, set up a subscription with your newsagent! Don't go through Bissett Magazines. They are an absolutely terrible, terrible company. They are misleading, terrible at communication, even worse at parts replacement, and, as I experienced with two partworks on subscription with them, failed to reimburse me when parts arrived absolutely destroyed from shipping.

Stick with your local newsagent, they're much more helpful and will want your business!

On a happier note, I'm expecting my issues 22 - 25 this week, but I go for holidays at the end of the week so will have to wait.
Exciting times, as after issue 28 there is no more interior to build, except for the turrets. :)

If I do repaint mine, I will be fully painting the model with a clean paint job first, then doing the shading and weathering. I'm not into this pre-shading thing at all. I don't like it and I don't think it's accurate either.
I was thinking of using tamiya as-16 spray cans as the base colour. The great thing about using those spray cans is you can paint just one part at a time if you want as and when you get some spare time. No getting the airbrush out and mixing paints.
For weathering, I always like to use extra thinned down humbrol enamel dark grey airbrushed on and then dab it with a thinners on a rag. If the humbrol weathering is not too heavy, you can get away with clear coating over it with tamiya Matt clear without a paint reaction. Just dust a few "dry" coats of the tamiya clear over it first. That tamiya Matt clear is very nice and you can clean/dust and wash it without it wearing and going glossy.

Keith

If I do repaint mine, I will be fully painting the model with a clean paint job first, then doing the shading and weathering. I'm not into this pre-shading thing at all. I don't like it and I don't think it's accurate either.
I was thinking of using tamiya as-16 spray cans as the base colour. The great thing about using those spray cans is you can paint just one part at a time if you want as and when you get some spare time. No getting the airbrush out and mixing paints.
For weathering, I always like to use extra thinned down humbrol enamel dark grey airbrushed on and then dab it with a thinners on a rag. If the humbrol weathering is not too heavy, you can get away with clear coating over it with tamiya Matt clear without a paint reaction. Just dust a few "dry" coats of the tamiya clear over it first. That tamiya Matt clear is very nice and you can clean/dust and wash it without it wearing and going glossy.

Keith

trust me, when you see the patchwork effort of the plastic colours and the variations in the washes you will definitely repaint it.

regarding the pre shading-- if you do repaint, are you trying to replicate the filming miniature or a realistic type of finish?

i don't think they used the pre shading technique back then (anyone know?)

on another point did you see where they have a removable panel halfway along the tube to the cockpit? so you can take it off and have a look at a completely boring bit of corridor
wow, i can't wait to impress folk with that!

I would be trying to replicate the original paint job, but at the same time make it durable, as dust will be a problem with this model.

Keith.

i don't think they used the pre shading technique back then (anyone know?)

Yes they did!

on another point did you see where they have a removable panel halfway along the tube to the cockpit? so you can take it off and have a look at a completely boring bit of corridor
wow, i can't wait to impress folk with that!

Well see that's where you really have to step outside of the box and really think how to impress... sure if you left it the way it is, meh... boring... but... if you put the hallway lights in there as well as the floor lights... now you've got something! Of course if you really wanted to get creative... you could get out some modeling polymer clay and fashion Chewbacca running thru the corridor on his way to the cockpit with Threepio on his back in pieces... now that would really make it look awesome!

I would be trying to replicate the original paint job, but at the same time make it durable, as dust will be a problem with this model.

Keith.

what are your plans with the cockpit windows?

its just going to be a dust trap in there

I'm gonna leave mine out... but I'm making a full size sealed display case for the entire ship when it's done as well so I don't have to worry about dust!

Working a little bit to make new parts for the DeAgo...

It will take a while to be ready. Some different corridor diameters on the DeAgo Falcon...

MF DEAGO CABIN HALLWAY RENDER.jpg

The corridor lights are the old version. I've designed a new ones.

Just watched Chris Falcons video of issue 24 and 25 on YouTube and the battle damage or blaster damage looks a lot worse than I thought it might look. I didn't expect it to look good but wow. When the time comes I hope you guys have some good tricky ideas up your sleeves. That will most definitely have to be redone. My idea of building this as is has definitely flown out the window and is still flying. I got issue 12 in but haven't started putting anything together yet since I'm still working on getting more supplies as I can. Loving all the posts and comments on here.

I'm thinking about selling mine to be honest. If it didn't need any work doing to it then I would finish the build, but seeing as it needs to be at least fully repainted, it's a very expensive model that I don't really have the time to finish.
I'm not 100% sure yet, but I think I probably will sell it.

Keith.

I'd like to have first dibs if you decide to sell.

-z

I was thinking of putting it on ebay Chris if i was to sell it. How come you want it, are you thinking of building two?
I'm just not sure yet what i'm going to do with it.

Keith.

I'm thinking about selling mine to be honest. If it didn't need any work doing to it then I would finish the build, but seeing as it needs to be at least fully repainted, it's a very expensive model that I don't really have the time to finish.
I'm not 100% sure yet, but I think I probably will sell it.

Keith.

I think you are going to regret it. It's not perfect but pretty awesome and when all is said and done it will be epic. If nothing else wait until you have the whole thing and sell it for twice the price if not more. I think a lot of people, regretters and new folks, will want this.

Just my opinion but I think you will look back and wish you had hung in their.

BTW I saw on the Deago board the hall side room is coming soon. That little area Han and Leia kiss in.

I'ts looking like the hull plating will overhang on the mandibles which will be awesome! At least that's what I'm lead to believe by the pieces we have so far. That was one thing I didn't like about the MR, no overhang like the studio model. It was just molded one solid piece. I guess we will see for sure.

I think you are going to regret it. It's not perfect but pretty awesome and when all is said and done it will be epic. If nothing else wait until you have the whole thing and sell it for twice the price if not more. I think a lot of people, regretters and new folks, will want this.

Just my opinion but I think you will look back and wish you had hung in their.

BTW I saw on the Deago board the hall side room is coming soon. That little area Han and Leia kiss in.

According to the administrator here http://forum.buildmillenniumfalcon.com/forums/topic/leias-maintenance-room/ There will not be an included side room at this location.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back