Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this?

I have previously subscribed to partworks in Australia through Bissett (Bismarck, Lancaster and Endeavour) and I received nothing but headaches and broken parts. I was lucky if a month went by without something being broken.

Ouch. You nothing but broken parts and headaches AND you subscribed three times? Was there no other choice than subscriptions those first three times?

Ouch. You nothing but broken parts and headaches AND you subscribed three times? Was there no other choice than subscriptions those first three times?

I work as a qualified chef for a living, so at the time I was unable to visit a newsagent during business hours frequently enough to subscribe via that method.

Now I work in a place that'll let me get packages delivered to work, and I only work 2 nights a week, so I'm able to have some what of a normal life these days.

11/02/2016 Wednesday
Up to 58
IMG_8701.JPGIMG_8700.JPG

Yeah that second jig was kinda overkill if you ask me. Once the bottom hull was together, they should have gone with the sidewalls and that would have provided alot more strength. Then used the same jig for the top hull.

They are. The landing gear still hasn't been completed as of the last tour of the production model in Italy.

The sidewalls and mandibles will start around issue 70-80, when we get the second blueprint. The way the kit is engineered, the sidewalls are pivitol to how the two halves join together. That's why we don't get them earlier.

Do you know if there will be any additional metal structure apart from the top and bottom frames? Something that holds both together? Or is this all done only by the sidewalls and perhaps also the interior?

I agree, at least give us a portion of the landing gear so we can at least stand the thing up on its own without the jig.

Yeah that second jig was kinda overkill if you ask me. Once the bottom hull was together, they should have gone with the sidewalls and that would have provided alot more strength. Then used the same jig for the top hull.

Doesn't the top jig have to accommodate the cockpit tube?

TazMan2000

Doesn't the top jig have to accommodate the cockpit tube?

TazMan2000

Cockpit tube, rectenna, engine deck. The bottom jig wouldn't be able to incorporate the different details the top hull has in comparison.

I agree, at least give us a portion of the landing gear so we can at least stand the thing up on its own without the jig.

We can. The bolts included in issue 54 can be used to suspend the Falcon off the jig. They screw into the mounting holes for the wall mount.

This thread is really not the place for discussion of LrdSatyr8's ban. I understand this is important to a couple people, but please let's keep this thread on topic.

-Gary

Do you know if there will be any additional metal structure apart from the top and bottom frames? Something that holds both together? Or is this all done only by the sidewalls and perhaps also the interior?

The interior will help hold the top frame in place, but the mandibles will be fully framed like the top and bottom hulls. I'm not sure if there'll be any internal framing for the sidewalls, or if it'll just be clever greeblie positioning to hide the screw heads.

As for Australia, no sign of the Falcon in any Adelaide CBD newsagents.

Last edited:
As far as I'm aware no photos of the actual fans exist and the only references for the fans you will find are those of the fans through the grills. However, they appear to be very similar to fans like this one below. The actual fans used have 9 blades and are smaller in length than the diameter of the centre.
500PCS-DC-Fan-24V-2P-4cm-40mm-x-10mm-font-b-9-b-font-font-b.jpg
Disregard the photo below here. I don't know how to delete it.

Attachments

• 1-Piece-DC-12V-font-b-3Pin-b-font-9-Blades-font-b-50mm-b-font.jpg
    1-Piece-DC-12V-font-b-3Pin-b-font-9-Blades-font-b-50mm-b-font.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 85
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back