Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this?

Ian Lawrence has a preview of the first two issues over at his site:

DeAgostini Part Work 'Build The Millennium Falcon' Work In Progress Log Page 1

So all I can say is this - I don't care about uber accuracy - subscribe people, then hopefully this will be released in Australia when the time is right.

I took a look at the preview you linked and I can tell you what Falcon they are showing in the example shots...

View attachment 309675View attachment 309676View attachment 309677View attachment 309678

...it is the MR Falcon repainted and decal'd by Kenneth W. Wingle...you can see images of it on the amazon site (Customer Image Gallery for Star Wars Millennium Falcon Studio Scale Limited Edition Replica) and on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gBMFbkTT-I)

You can tell by how its been painted (see the green panel on the cockpit nose) and by the decals used...so don't think the final model will look like these images...I just hope they asked Kenn's permission to use his Falcon for the magazine photos.

[edit]...seems the RPF didn't get the photos uploaded correctly...so I put them on PhotoBucket here...http://s513.photobucket.com/user/imurme/library/Millennium Falcon/DeAgostini Falcon

Last edited:
Technically I wonder where they would stand if you demanded your money back. I mean if they didn't offer the product they advertised by not completing the set isn't it some sort of fraud. I'd be royally pissed if I started this and couldn't finish it.

Ben

The product I meant was the star wars fact file, they ran for 7 weeks then stopped, but just noticed thieve rereleased it, just have to wait now to catch up again.. damn, that's two I have to collect now 8)

I got the second issue and noticed that your going to have to paint a lot of the detail on your self to get the weathering effects and diff painted panels, this is even stated in the mag saying that a few issues time there will be a section on painting effects, guessing drybrush tech and airbrush work.

also talked to staff at the main newsagents ill be getting it from (w h smiths) and they said they will stock only 5 - 7 weeks of it with decreasing amounts each week, THE only way to get this every week will be subscription from either deagostani or local newsagents getting it in for you .

so as you get an issue free (err issue 4 at mo) and a few freebies with it, think ill be commiting to the deagostani subscription to your door and hope the post don't break it or loose any on the way

Thanks for the info. If this is the case then that's a deal breaker for me. As someone not able to afford an MR Falcon I had signed up for this with a view to improving it later on.
However, if they are actually using a different product to advertise what they are selling, one that we have already established is superior in detail and finish ( at least as far the first few parts we have seen) to what they are actually shipping, then I'm out. In fact I'd say this is a breach of advertising standards. Is there actually an image of their product assembled and finished available that can show us what our hard earned money will be buying?

N

I took a look at the preview you linked and I can tell you what Falcon they are showing in the example shots...

View attachment 309675View attachment 309676View attachment 309677View attachment 309678

...it is the MR Falcon repainted and decal'd by Kenneth W. Wingle...you can see images of it on the amazon site (Customer Image Gallery for Star Wars Millennium Falcon Studio Scale Limited Edition Replica) and on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gBMFbkTT-I)

You can tell by how its been painted (see the green panel on the cockpit nose) and by the decals used...so don't think the final model will look like these images...I just hope they asked Kenn's permission to use his Falcon for the magazine photos.

[edit]...seems the RPF didn't get the photos uploaded correctly...so I put them on PhotoBucket here...DeAgostini Falcon Photos by imurme | Photobucket

I would love to be able to get a hold of these magazines here in the states, I kick my self all the time not grabbing an MR Falcon when I could....
While not a uber detailed as the MR piece it would at least give a very nice base to build from. The metal framework alone would help.

im wondering if all you lot in the usa could hire a PO box in the uk and get the sucription sent there, once a few montyhs pay for UPS or FEDEX to pick it up and deliver it to you there, just a thought

im wondering if all you lot in the usa could hire a PO box in the uk and get the sucription sent there, once a few montyhs pay for UPS or FEDEX to pick it up and deliver it to you there, just a thought

Wouldn't we have to BE there to set up the PO Box initially?

Well, i for one never would have believed you could build a 32 inch Falcon week by week from a magazine. We live in a golden age, my friends!

Next it'll be a half studio scale Refit Enterprise....lol

Rich

Well, i for one never would have believed you could build a 32 inch Falcon week by week from a magazine. We live in a golden age, my friends!

Next it'll be a half studio scale Refit Enterprise....lol

Rich

Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

Wouldn't be the worst piece to buy for the base, core model, metal sub-structure, interior, lighting, engineering and then redetail/repaint the exterior...

If it's a blow-up of Finemolds it wouldn't be any use even as a base. Not to me. That thing's out all over the place. Seriously wrong dims on cockpit, cockpit corridor angle, mandibles, jawboxes, dome curve, gun turrets etc. And the general dims on this thing might be worse than the Finemolds for all we know, since they refuse to show us what it builds into.

If it's a blow-up of Finemolds it wouldn't be any use even as a base. Not to me. That thing's out all over the place. Seriously wrong dims on cockpit, cockpit corridor angle, mandibles, jawboxes, dome curve, gun turrets etc. And the general dims on this thing might be worse than the Finemolds for all we know, since they refuse to show us what it builds into.

Ya agreed, Finemolds is off quite a bit, and it's the best (affordable) version yet of the ESB Falcon (not counting the SUPER expensive Master Replicas)...Makes me wonder if they try (or are asked to) get it slightly wrong, perhaps to keep it open for more sales on other models later???
I have the Finemolds but have put off building it cause I want to figure out how to fix it (probably would pretty much have to scratch a whole new base and just use some of the detail pieces, pretty expensive donor kit)...would really like to see how close the EFX Falcon is if they are ever going to (be allowed to) release it...Of course those are not at full scale, which just seems out of reach because of cost (even this Deagostini ends up pretty expensive as well as unattainable in the USA)...and trying to do a full on Studio Scale build is just to expensive and difficult (finding ALL of those dang donor kits) so that's out for me.
As for why we haven't seen a finished version of it yet, it could be that there is no finished version and they are putting out parts as they make them?
Also I was curious, are the exterior parts metal or plastic/styrene?

[Edit] But you wait, it wont be long, and we will be able to make models from digitally sculpted/scanned data and print right at home on 3D printers...Model kits will not even be needed and scale is up to the customers ability to print.

Last edited:
I've been very tempted by this, as I've always wanted a falcon (toy or model) with an interior where the cockpit actually joins up to the crew quarters.

However, my other even bigger wish is to have that "hamburger" falcon, not the "hockey-puck". I just love the saucer shape of the 5 footer, with the mearest slither of side wall showing, hidden by really THIN hull plates. The 32" doesn't have the same appeal for me.

Maybe imurme is right and I should start modelling a half-size 5 footer.

Ok so am I being and idiot or....... Does issue 2 have two cannon top sot 1 top and 1 bottom like it says in the instructions. I've definitely got two tops in mine. Answers on a falcon shaped postcard please

issue 1 has cannons , two parts that snap together to make the top cannon, issue 2 has the dejeric table, not sure what issue three has yet cos issue 4 was relased instead of 3??

Agreed. On my FM build-up, I corrected the cockpit, turret side-wall angle, and escape pod side-wall angle, but didn't do anything about the mandibles or cocpit tunnel.

FM blown up bigger (if indeed that is what this is) only makes it's mistakes - well - bigger...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back