Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this?

Have ANY US distributors ever materialize where you can buy individual issues?

I'm looking for Issue 38 (ramp parts).

I've previously ordered issues from a French distributor, but 38 has been out of stock for some time.

I'd also like a source for a new blueprint. I've considered using it as part of the base.

Mine had an unfortunate altercation with a can of beer.

It was gruesome.

Grandpascabinets makes really nice display cases.

The USA will not likely have individual packs for sale for a while.You can get some of them from hobbylinkjapan.

Tamiya Insignia White or not?
No more prevaricating around the bush. I have all the issues and most of what I need for alterations plus all the building pages printed out. The big question is Tamiya Insignia White or not? Is the 32" really that light in base color? My problem is that if I paint it Insignia White I'll do the build slightly different, painting some parts before adding them too the model. Any one here with examples of a Insignia White base color and additional paint job/ weathering?

My two cents. Looking at early production photos, I do believe it is that light. Over the years, I think the color has degraded a bit. I also think that many of the current photos are taken in low light without proper white balance and under the artificial lighting it appears all different colors. I've painted some of my Falcons with a darker more beige color and it looks good, but it lacks some of the depth of starting with a lighter color and layering your paint. Here is mine. I used Insignia White. You can judge for yourself. http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=272449&page=4

Tamiya Insignia White or not?
No more prevaricating around the bush. I have all the issues and most of what I need for alterations plus all the building pages printed out. The big question is Tamiya Insignia White or not? Is the 32" really that light in base color? My problem is that if I paint it Insignia White I'll do the build slightly different, painting some parts before adding them too the model. Any one here with examples of a Insignia White base color and additional paint job/ weathering?

Just checking here, but you have seen Darkview's build here, right. Bare plastic (or whatever it is) and his weathering method. Worth a shot, I think.

G'day kontherun ,
Guess it depends on what you're aiming to accomplish ( finish - wise ) with your build . ' Trying ' to achieve the studio finish ala kokkari ( fantastic ) , finish without access to airbrush ala DARKVIEW ( also brilliant ) , brilliant but seemingly ' modest ' aerosol cans based by @IanLawrence or , real - world touches ' ala @MarkWarren ( also terrific - over on ModelSpace ) , and so many others in between !!! . Like many have stated , it's your build and , it's the freedom of choice to choose how you want to tackle it ? i.e. Whatever makes you smile at the end of the day .
Just my $0.02 , Cheers Ged :thumbsup

Last edited by a moderator:
My take. There is eye correct and Studio correct. Case in point: the Pulse rifles in Aliens were painted Brown Bess....a medium tan. On the screen they looked Olive Drab due to the filters. Your best bet is to gather all of the available reference material and give it a go. Why? Because the Sea View Blue on screen will not be the same Sea View Blue your eye can translate.

The MF is a combination of paints, mediums, style and technique from multiple artists. Im going with a flat white for a base and layering multiple layers over a few weeks. This is what I call 'Let it cook'. When you let it cook, your brain has time to reset and come back with a fresh perspective. You come back and say, 'that doesnt look right, too heavy on the airbrush, not enough splatter, needs another panel line etc. When you let it cook, you kind of come back to the project as another person. And thats how the MF got its distinctive look, from multiple persons doing various jobs at various times.

This will be my bane. I did a TRU 29" Falcon as a test mule for practice and learned alot. Some spots I was heavy handed with the air brush, the pre shading was a mistake, no speckling was another. I did this toy conversion in a day and while its a nice display piece, its a learning curve. This time around I will take my time for my brain to reset after each step of painting. That way I can easily stop or proceed as necessary.

Rant......I hate the corridor semi circles and the little pads with a passion. Lots of CY on my fingers. I also hate the 'save the parts from issue 15 for issue 99'. By the time I get to 99 Deago will have discontinued the MF and be on to the Golden Gate Bride complete with 'grid lock' kit. The interior took the longest with basic painting but dang....I swore not to even bother with interior! Anyway, Deago sent me another package to fix the replacement frame squares.....there fix was to send me an entire issue XX. By that time I fabed some squares out of aluminum stock.

Any who...Im at about issue 50 on the build with the rest in boxes. At this pace, the kit will be done in a few days sans paint.

Update: Interior is done, Bottom hull is done with panels. The rest is boxed up in a larger rubbermaid container.........cuz im taking her with me to the east coast for a work trip. Im sitting in a hotel room in Hyannis till Monday so lots of uninterrupted build time. Goal is to have everything finished sans paint.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, you made the decision easy. I'm going all the way. Black primer with a white'ish top coat. I did some small tests and that plastic look just don't go away. And I really like the many shades of light gray that I see on some of the finished models here.
I'm going for my own version that will look good to the eye rather that the camera. I've seen a lot of movie models and props and the majority look rather crappy in real life, but looks great on the big screen, so a SA model may not always be desirable.
I really like your paint job kokkari, any chance you could take two high res photos, of the one top and one of the underside? The way you did the different panels and all the small dots and lines are just what I'm going for.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, you made the decision easy. I'm going all the way. Black primer with a white'ish top coat. I did some small tests and that plastic look just don't go away. And I really like the many shades of light gray that I see on some of the finished models here.
I'm going for my own version that will look good to the eye rather that the camera. I've seen a lot of movie models and props and the majority look rather crappy in real life, but looks great on the big screen, so a SA model may not always be desirable.
I really like your paint job kokkari, any chance you could take two high res photos, of the one top and one of the underside? The way you did the different panels and all the small dots and lines are just what I'm going for.
Hope this helps. It's hard to see the spatter from the birds eye views, but it's there.
20170414_135911.jpg20170414_144147.jpg
20170414_145802.jpg

I'm curious about how long this will last--the availability, I mean. If they're still taking orders today, they will still be delivering in two years. And maybe they're still moving into countries and regions.
Yes, they are just releasing this in other region. I order mine from www.hlj.com. As of now they are into issue 67. The instruction is also translated to there preferred local language. So, I can only see the pictures. Since the instruction is in graphic form. Only downside is, I cannot read any tips or notes on it.

Hi all. Nice build for those on the finished line. I just received issue 67. And I haven't started anything yet. But my plan is to replicate the 32" filming model.
So not concerned on accurizing the interiors. On the supplied blueprint, I noticed theres a missing Flak Vierling gun piece on the top cap outside the gun turrets model.

Question. Did anybody make a list of missing parts on the exterior to make this more accurate?

Apology for a late question. I joined the party quite late.

Issue #54 should be out this week in Hong Kong. You can go to Pansing's website to order back issues and/or if you prefer to place a subscription. I'm not sure if they all previous issues available or not as some may already be sold out... this might help you out, Rahn420.

https://pansinghobbyshop.com/en/star-wars-millennium-falcon/8-star-wars-millennium-falcon.html

Same boat as Jun Austria, my issues are all in Chinese so unfortunately I can't read the instructions or the tips. Just following the pictures for the most part and following other people's builds here, and on youtube. :D

Just wondering, the 4 big screws that everyone is using to stand the Falcon on temporarily before the landing gear arrives, where did you get them? Do they come in a future issue or are you supposed to go out and get them yourself?

Thanks hikarub, that may help.

France, still out of stock.
Japan, out of stock.

My only concern with Pansing is that I don't see any indication of in/out of stock.

I'd like to know before I order.

So, going through the issues and I've realized that I've misplaced (or "thrown away") the 4 x magnets and 4 x steel pins from issue #41. These are for the two front port and starboard landing gear bay covers. I've attached the front central landing bay cover but found that I can't do the same for the two on either side. I know that there are 8 x magnets and steel pins in a later issue for the rear two landing gear bays (4 pins and magnets for each bay). Are the 4 pins and magnets necessary for the rear bays? Can I get away with just 2 pins and magnets for each and use the surplus 4 for the two front bay covers?

I'm planning on mainly using the landing gear for this build, but I've heard that since the Falcon is quite heavy, you need the magnets to stop the gear falling out if you have to move or fiddle with the ship. Are the rear landing gears heavy? Can just 2 magnets and pins keep them in instead of the 4?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back