Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this?

Wow, this is about the coolest thing I've seen since being a kid - and that being said, it certainly makes me feel like a kid. I'm asking for this for Christmas.

But seriously, is there no way to get this in the U.S.? Seems like they're selling themselves short of a huge market.

But seriously, is there no way to get this in the U.S.? Seems like they're selling themselves short of a huge market.

This could be due to international licensing issues. Look at Anovos who can only sell their Star Wars stuff to US customers for now.

Though seems DA has an US distributor too...

Wow, this is about the coolest thing I've seen since being a kid - and that being said, it certainly makes me feel like a kid. I'm asking for this for Christmas.

earlier in the thread someone posted that they got to talk with them in person and they said they have plans to do it in the U.S. sometime early next year.

I have several Deagostino kits.They do have a US website and Facebook page. I have their D51 locomotive kit which is incredible and the 1:8 Lamborghini countach which is of similar quality to the Pocher kits.
They release kits in several countries and sometimes due to licensing issues kits available in UK are not available in USA.They do make a fabulous 1:16 Zero fighter plane which was released in UK and Japan, but wont be coming to USA. I am frequently on their website and forum and will post here if there is any news of a USA release of the falcon
In the meantime here is a link to the UK site where they are advertising the kit.These come as partworks where you get parts mailed to you monthly over a period of 1-2 years.

http://www.buildmillenniumfalcon.com/

Here is the link to the US website with the kits available to US subscribers

http://www.model-space.com/us/model-ships.html

PS there are several US subscribers (like me) frequently begging DeAgostino to release the Falcon over here in USA

Got an Email back from De Agostini regarding an Australian release, they haven't received any information about an Australian release??? don't know what that means , maybe an issue with an Asia - Pacific release of the kit, but it is being released in the UK , Ireland an of all places South Africa.
Keeping fingers crossed.

Thanks for the update, Jedioz. Fingers crossed.

Got an Email back from De Agostini regarding an Australian release, they haven't received any information about an Australian release??? don't know what that means , maybe an issue with an Asia - Pacific release of the kit, but it is being released in the UK , Ireland an of all places South Africa.
Keeping fingers crossed.

saw this on Rebelscum:

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by andrewb
viewpost-right.png
Thought you'd like that Rodders...

I wonder if this is a broken down version of the MR..?? Or near enough anyway...
sneaky.gif

Maybe Im getting a little excited now....

Apparently his name is Dymszos or something...??

Do you mean Steve Dymszo ? If he's involved it might turn out pretty good, he was the lead on the MR Falcon

Where did you get that information I would like to read the article ?

I reached out to Steve and he has confirmed

"Yes, that is correct. I have supplied them with all of the reference info, original model pics, paint reference, original digital scan, etc, and I am providing on-going consultation services.

It sounds like it will be an amazing model."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quote_icon.png

viewpost-right.png

sneaky.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I got an email asking if i wished to continue my subscription. It's due to relaunch 31st December.

I said yes. Apparently, they have rejigged the mag and the order in which parts are released. Previous subscribers get the first 5 issues free plus all the freebies. There's now a nifty vid on their website showing the actual Falcon model complete with removeable panels.

I got a phone call later the same day asking what size t shirt i'd like, so it looks like it's all a go!

Rich

Keeping fingers crossed.

LOL, I'm not sure why you're so astonished about a South African release after all, the South African's are just as madly keen about this as Aussies are and they generally don't enjoy the many opportunities the rest of us do....

That said, here's hoping De Agostini give more info regarding other regions..

Regards
MARK

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back