Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this?

Exactly. I know for a fact all ILM used was Floquil enamels. I see some mentioning "RUST" for the red panels. But examining the reference I see caboose red used with over spays of dark grey wash or the hull color. Or a combination of both resulting in the washed out reddish color. Several panels have that faint flat yellow also.

^^On the one hand, it easier to handle small parts while painting. On the other, like you say, it will be difficult get a uniform look. I would definitely not do any weathering until I have the whole thing together. I plan on waiting to build until I have most of the parts as well. In the meantime I may do some interior work and also gather some accurate paint and do some colour matching etc.

What I don't get is WHY are so many people painting the exterior of the model in sections? How could this look uniformed once complete? I don't even want to start building until I have 3/4 of the model in hand.
I asked the exact same question on the last page. I've resolved that yours and mine will just look better in the end!

There is a vid up on you tube today showing the large clear jig parts. I thought they were fairly flat but they are quite deep. They will take a beating in the post in the uk due to them being delivered in bags. Look like vac formed pieces.

What I don't get is WHY are so many people painting the exterior of the model in sections? How could this look uniformed once complete? I don't even want to start building until I have 3/4 of the model in hand.
Ditto and double ditto. I'm doing my fair share of fondling, and some test fitting because it test-fits so cleanly that it makes my heart feel all warm inside, but I won't really do anything real until I've got a whole bunch, most of it.
Mike Todd

Exactly. I know for a fact all ILM used was Floquil enamels. I see some mentioning "RUST" for the red panels. But examining the reference I see caboose red used with over spays of dark grey wash or the hull color. Or a combination of both resulting in the washed out reddish color. Several panels have that faint flat yellow also.

I have to agree there, I think they used Caboose Red for the red panels as well with some overspray. I don't think they were rust. The rust colour was used for...well...rust. As for the yellow I am thinking Reefer Yellow sprayed on thinly or heavily oversprayed with the base color.

I'm not painting everything, just doing the base colours and then weathering everything when it's all done. I'm just not patient enough to sit there and glue little bits together without at least putting them into primer and a first coat.

Besides, the finishing on the falcon is all over the map anyway. It'll just look more authentic. :p

I've also been thinking about displaying the beast. I'd like to have it levitated slightly on a panavice and an acrylic mirror base as if she coming in for a landing. With the landing gear extended. Need an acrylic cover etc. Anyone else been thinking this way?

Long shot, however... Due to a poor asthetic choice I slightly ruined the cockpit back wall sticker (the circular one) I don't suppose anyone has a spare just laying around they'd like to sell to a poor idiot??

Long shot, however... Due to a poor asthetic choice I slightly ruined the cockpit back wall sticker (the circular one) I don't suppose anyone has a spare just laying around they'd like to sell to a poor idiot??

Did you contact customer service to see if they would send you a replacement?

Actually because I felt a bit of a chump I decided to just replace the piece at my
own cost. Im in the process of trying to buy a back issue for volume one from deagostini UK and then have my family
over there ship it to me. Although I'll admit even this is proving tricky! Lol

Is there an actual thread or forum or other site where it's nothing but images of each "issue"? Not cluttered up with responses and opinions, but basic facts--pics. I keep feeling like I have to read through threads with several pages (this one is at 76 pages as I type) to get an idea.
Thanks,
Mike Todd

Is there an actual thread or forum or other site where it's nothing but images of each "issue"? Not cluttered up with responses and opinions, but basic facts--pics. I keep feeling like I have to read through threads with several pages (this one is at 76 pages as I type) to get an idea.
Thanks,
Mike Todd

I don't know of one that is just pics, but this one below is more build specific. The Deago forums build logs are great as well.

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=236251

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back