Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this?

These issues , really get you hyped up and excited to see all these pieces coming in....still awaiting , for 9 , 10, 11 should arrive this week I hope...about read to pay for 12, 13, 14....pay as I go when I can ...no set pattern, just jumping on the opportunity as it arises !!! We are all lucky to have been given such a huge chance like this to own scifi historys greatest Icon ship !!!

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone want to see the 5 ft replica grill section photo I took a few years back in Huntsville Space museum convention ???????

When US customers start getting your second month issues in April, you will have to let us know if the promised binder to store all the magazines is included? Says it is on the website.

And by the time the kit is completed it may be outdated.
It already is. Lacks a heated build plate so can't print in ABS. Much better options available. I have a 3D printer (a Flashforge Creator Pro) which did all I need but I subscribed to the Eaglemoss 3D printer part work as it's a smart looking desktop printer with a decent spec and will be fun to build. The magazine also offers a decent tutorial on Sketchup.

http://www.3dprinter-collection.com

This thing is becoming my bane.

All I want to do is order it from Canada, and ship to US to pick up. But no... on the ordering form you can't have your billing country different than your shipping.

So now I have to call tomorrow and see what can be done.

I'm sure they can do it manually... but why it can't work on their site is ridiculous.

BLARGH.

First order looks like they sent me the first 5 issues to catch up a little :)
IMG_2755.JPGIMG_2756.JPGIMG_2757.jpg

Any word on Import Duties for Canadian customers yet?

I'd very much like to know this too!

Is this a limited edition .. I mean, is there a time limit on starting this? They can't have this running for ever can they? I suppose at some point they're gonna stop accepting new comers .. they can't have those first issues available forever?

Mornin' folks - Well it is for me anyway :) -- I have a question regarding the scale of this ship - I know the obvious answer is 1:1 -- But I have seen SS TIE's and X-Wings stated as 1/24 - So what would the scale of the 32" MF be in this measure? - TIA - Dave.

The haynes manual (authorised by Lucas Films) gives the length of a YT1300 at 34.75 metres or 114 feet. This means a 32" Falcon is about 1/43. I'm sure other calculations are available based on the height of a character (likely Solo - Ford is 6') as seen on a film still with the Falcon in shot and a decent measurable reference point against the 5' or 32" models.

It already is. Lacks a heated build plate so can't print in ABS. Much better options available. I have a 3D printer (a Flashforge Creator Pro) which did all I need but I subscribed to the Eaglemoss 3D printer part work as it's a smart looking desktop printer with a decent spec and will be fun to build. The magazine also offers a decent tutorial on Sketchup.

http://www.3dprinter-collection.com

Too bad it's only available in the UK... would be nice to get!

Thanks Biggus Doggus - It's been drivin' me nuts trying to to put a "real" real world scale on it - Thanks for the heads-up on the Haynes (Though my bank manager would disagree :) ) - 114' is in line with the findings of the FullscaleFalcon.com guys. - Cheers dude - I owe ya a pint :) - Dave.

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back