Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this?

What's wrong with the FM cockpit? The only major fault I was aware of in that kit is the parallel mandibles, I was under the impression that everything else was pretty much on point

issue 1 has cannons , two parts that snap together to make the top cannon, issue 2 has the dejeric table, not sure what issue three has yet cos issue 4 was relased instead of 3??

I've definitely got two tops in my pack, they sent me 2 packs by mistake and the other is the same. If you have a top and a bottom I need to call them I think. I'll let you know if I end up with issue 4 next when it arrives. This is seeming a bad idea to me now.

I got issue 3 in the post today.

Cockpit chairs need some serious attention, (3d printed replacements would be nice....) but i suppose some might be satisfied with putting it together as is.

The magazine is a bit crap, and we've still yet to see a pic of the actual completed model.....but, i'm going to stick with it.

Rich

comparing all the parts we've seen, I agree with those who said it is a Fine Molds upscale. Everything matches up perfectly so far, and I'm sure the Fine Molds is based on a computer model, which would make upscaling a simple task. So I guess if you want to see the finished thing, the 1:72 Falcon is a good reference.

Last edited:
comparing all the parts we've seen, I agree with those who said it is a Fine Molds upscale. Everything matches up perfectly so far, and I'm sure the Fine Molds is based on a computer . So I guess if you want to see the finished thing, the 1:72 Falcon is a good reference.
Maybe so, but that's not my point.
My point is DeAgostini have not published a great big pic of the finished kit and said, "Behold, THIS is what you will end up with!!"

Rich

I have been thinking the same thing lately. Once I get the 1/2 Battlestar builds done, I will see if I can apply the R&D experience I got shrinking original parts for that, and apply it to a Half scale 5 foot Falcon. I reckon if I can shrink the Wankel and GalFal plate ok then I may be onto something. I've learned a lot re the shrinking process and it would be nice to apply to to my favorite ship.

However, my other even bigger wish is to have that "hamburger" falcon, not the "hockey-puck". I just love the saucer shape of the 5 footer, with the mearest slither of side wall showing, hidden by really THIN hull plates. The 32" doesn't have the same appeal for me.

Maybe imurme is right and I should start modelling a half-size 5 footer.[/QUOTE]

So I just got issue 3 &4 along with a letter saying that this issue is being suspended until further notice, it offers a free issue 6 and hopes it get resumed in e future. WTF, anyone else got this?

So I just got issue 3 &4 along with a letter saying that this issue is being suspended until further notice, it offers a free issue 6 and hopes it get resumed in e future. WTF, anyone else got this?

I got #3 & #4 today with the same letter. "Circumstances beyond our control", apparently. NOT a good start, eh?

It's my guess they are being asked to stop for using the MR falcon (and other copyrights) in their magazine and promotions....

im hoping that deagostani don't stop the run half way through as they have done with a few of there collections, they stated that lack of interest for some of there stuff much to the frustration of my kids.. but this one is for me

theve done it again then, no surprise realy

I remember seeing magazines with model parts in Europe. After so many issues you have the Nina Pinta Santa maria etc. Is this company reputable?

Admittadly, I just found this thread......sorry that it has been suspended. At least I can basterdize a POTF falcon to a nice display piece.

That frame work reminded me of the Set pieces that they built for shooting... I really hope they decide to open this up to the US - and of course continue it. I'd get it just for the novelty of it.

Jedi Dade

Hi everybody

I have got this response from DeAgostini

Dear Alfredo
Thank you for your email.
The publication has been put on hold at the memnet until further notice.
Please do not hesitate to contact us should you require further assistance.
Yours sincerely,
F------ K-------

Customer Care "

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back