Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this?

Dave is right.Now that the Falcon is half way through its release they are able to offer a 12 month plan for new subscribers.It does not mean that those already subscribed will be able to upgrade their sub to get it finished quicker though.There are still 12 more months of parts to be released.

Once the subscription has been fully released (ie all 25 months have been made) then they may offer it as a full kit if there are any left to sell.Full kits are only ever offered once the partwork has run one full subscription period (25 months for the Falcon).

Carl
Model-space USA forum support.

- - - Updated - - -

I was charged two days ago. Not sure why the shipping went from $1 to $6.99. I've emailed them about that, but had not gotten a reply yet.

If you dont hear back form them I am forum support for DeAgostini/model space USA.I can help you get the shipping fixed.Just send me a PM

Carl

Dave is right.Now that the Falcon is half way through its release they are able to offer a 12 month plan for new subscribers.It does not mean that those already subscribed will be able to upgrade their sub to get it finished quicker though.There are still 12 more months of parts to be released.

Once the subscription has been fully released (ie all 25 months have been made) then they may offer it as a full kit if there are any left to sell.Full kits are only ever offered once the partwork has run one full subscription period (25 months for the Falcon).

Carl
Model-space USA forum support.

- - - Updated - - -

If you dont hear back form them I am forum support for DeAgostini/model space USA.I can help you get the shipping fixed.Just send me a PM

Carl
Thanks Carl. I notice that their modelspace website now have $6.99 for shipping for the subscription. I'll let you know if they don't responds.

Wish they would offer the oodles of photos they promised - I haven't seen anything that is new, as in Steve D's photos.

On the UK site, they had posted some images, but they seem to have been removed.

It's too bad DeAg is holding off on the reference photos. If they have them now, why not put them up on the website? Many people are already painting as they go. Maybe Carl can pass this on to them?

Ah - but in the current issues I have - they reference photos that you can download - but no link is provided.

They are also showing how to paint, etc... -- kinda pointless if you don't have the ref photos.

Wish they would offer the oodles of photos they promised - I haven't seen anything that is new, as in Steve D's photos.

On the UK site, they had posted some images, but they seem to have been removed.

I don't think we will get much more than whats on this link which DarthGarth posted way back on pg. 19. In fact some of the shots in this folder are some of the few that Deagostini have released. It looks like it has much of the reference that Master Replicas shot when they did their replica. Just note that many of the underside and sidewall shots are reversed because they were shot using the mirror at the bottom and there are many shots of the master pattern of the MR Falcon and early production shots of the 5ft. So don't get them confused and use your discretion.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xbhdubf5qd2w9ac/AAAmB7d1qyhXSmK-np6l4Y15a?dl=0

I don't think we will get much more than whats on this link which DarthGarth posted way back on pg. 19. In fact some of the shots in this folder are some of the few that Deagostini have released. It looks like it has much of the reference that Master Replicas shot when they did their replica. Just note that many of the underside and sidewall shots are reversed because they were shot using the mirror at the bottom and there are many shots of the master pattern of the MR Falcon and early production shots of the 5ft. So don't get them confused and use your discretion.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xbhdubf5qd2w9ac/AAAmB7d1qyhXSmK-np6l4Y15a?dl=0

So they won't be offering Steve Dymsyo pictures like he was mentioning in their "how to" videos? Wish they would be more clear.

So they won't be offering Steve Dymsyo pictures like he was mentioning in their "how to" videos? Wish they would be more clear.
No, I'm sure that they will give more photos, but what I'm saying is I don't think they will give much more than what's in the link I shared, since it seems like they are some of the same images that they have already shared. Steve D. is actually in some of the photos, which leads me to believe that they are the same reference MR used and are now using for the Deago. This is just my best guess though.

There will be a full painting guide with reference pictures available towards the end of the build.

This has been stated multiple times from DeAg on the btmf forums as well as the model space forums.

For whatever reason DeAg has chosen to remove the images on their forum despite announcing they would be available for the underside of the falcon. Requests to have these images reinstated have not been answered.

I wish new comers to partworks would be a bit more patient. Unless they've specifically said otherwise, everything that has been promised will eventually happen. It'll just be 30 odd weeks from now.

It's too bad DeAg is holding off on the reference photos. If they have them now, why not put them up on the website? Many people are already painting as they go. Maybe Carl can pass this on to them?

They are aware of the requests.There are very strict rules because of the licensing as to what they can an cant use.A quick google search will get tons of resources for reference photos.I dont have any more specific information than that and I doubt I can get any specifics about exactly what will be included and when they will be in the build guide.

Carl

I've always assumed their reference photos would be the same that Steve Dymszo took when doing his research. I thought the photos that DeAg posted were from that collection.

I don't remember where I had downloaded the photos (I think I found them through links on the RPF), but I have them as original (which are dark and off color) and a set that someone color corrected (sorry, I don't know who to credit on that).

In those sets are the same photos that were posted by DeAg.

So, if you already have those, I don't think waiting will reveal anything different.

I've always assumed their reference photos would be the same that Steve Dymszo took when doing his research. I thought the photos that DeAg posted were from that collection.

I don't remember where I had downloaded the photos (I think I found them through links on the RPF), but I have them as original (which are dark and off color) and a set that someone color corrected (sorry, I don't know who to credit on that).

In those sets are the same photos that were posted by DeAg.

So, if you already have those, I don't think waiting will reveal anything different.

I agree with you whole heartedly. That's why I reposted the link. What they have shared so far are directly from that gallery. I think we are setting ourselves up for some serious disappointment if we are expecting more. Besides, you can paint a very accurate paint representation from that reference. I hope I'm wrong, but really think that is all we are getting.

There will be a full painting guide with reference pictures available towards the end of the build.

This has been stated multiple times from DeAg on the btmf forums as well as the model space forums.

For whatever reason DeAg has chosen to remove the images on their forum despite announcing they would be available for the underside of the falcon. Requests to have these images reinstated have not been answered.

I wish new comers to partworks would be a bit more patient. Unless they've specifically said otherwise, everything that has been promised will eventually happen. It'll just be 30 odd weeks from now.

They did specifically say otherwise - in the current issues I have, and they have shown a painting guide for the parts I have now, they just don't have the pictures available as indicated or mentioned. Using the magazines pictures is not what I would call "reference" pictures.

But - I was just mentioning it, this doesn't stop the build, as I all ready have scavenged the web for ref. photos - I was hoping for higher quality pics, and some that are not shot behind glass.

They did specifically say otherwise - in the current issues I have, and they have shown a painting guide for the parts I have now, they just don't have the pictures available as indicated or mentioned. Using the magazines pictures is not what I would call "reference" pictures.

But - I was just mentioning it, this doesn't stop the build, as I all ready have scavenged the web for ref. photos - I was hoping for higher quality pics, and some that are not shot behind glass.
Honestly, I don't think your going to find much better quality or higher res. and not through glass anywhere other than something like this, which is already out there.
DSC_0161.JPG

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back