Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this?

ive been thinking about subscribing to this kit since it first came out. as a lot of you are far into the construction, would you recommend it before i commit?
Absolutely! The engineering and design that DeAgostini have put into this kit are outstanding. Most of the discrepancies between the kit and the original model are minor and are a result of having to make an injection molded commercial product. You can also fix some of these or not, as some have done. It will look good assembled just as it come or with a little bit of attention to painting and weathering, turned into something truly spectacular, like DarkView is doing. The only draw back is having to wait for each month's new parts, although now there is a 12 month option. Go for it!

Not to mention, the only possibly better alternative to the Deago in order to have your own 1:1 prop would be to scratch build it, which would be way more expensive to buy, research, and locate all the kits and take years.

ok ive just subscribed. ive noticed that there are a few mods and upgrades people have been making available. any recommendations of what extras to purchase?

I'd recommend getting a few issues into it before you decide to go spending more money on 3D printed, laser cut or etched brass upgrades. You don't attach the hull plating for a long time, Issue 47 or so, plenty of opportunity to add mods. You'll also get a better idea of what's visible and what's not seen so easily. It will also depend on what you want in the end. Several guys have done absolutely gorgeous interiors (much of what you'll do at first is put together the cockpit and main interior section). As for me, I'm more interested in building the model for the exterior and pretty much just put the interior as it comes. I'll spend most of my time on the paint job towards the end. One problem that we all have is that we really don't know what's coming next or how it'll fit together in the end, as the kit is new and even the folks in the UK haven't got there yet. All the pictures on the covers are not of the actual model.

ok ive just subscribed. ive noticed that there are a few mods and upgrades people have been making available. any recommendations of what extras to purchase?

The one upgrade I would recommend for everyone if they can afford it is either the Space in Scale or Tony's 3D printed replacement cockpit nose section. The original cockpit nose is by far the most noticeable error of all the original DeAgo parts and the replacement makes a huge difference.

The other upgrades are all very nice, if you do go for them I would suggest that you start with any cockpit parts you want first as you will complte the build of the cockpit area and the cockpit tunnel long before you get around to installing the hold interior and corridors, so you can spread the cost across the duration of the build.

I wouldn't say it's worse. Yes the window frames aren't perfectly shaped and are too thick, but at least they taper thinner as they go down to the front where the original actually got thicker. That being said, I still bought the Shapeways cone lol.

Anyone else not receive a charge or not have their February package (month 13) sent yet?

I have still not been charged or sent anything this month.

Last month I received two packages (months 11 and 12).

Has anyone called Deagostini and asked how the new 12 month option works? For those of us who are already on pack 13 will this mean we can upgrade and get the 2nd half of the kit in half the time (about 6 months)?

-Gary

Has anyone called Deagostini and asked how the new 12 month option works? For those of us who are already on pack 13 will this mean we can upgrade and get the 2nd half of the kit in half the time (about 6 months)?

-Gary
I asked the rep and the answer was no, you can't upgrade from the 24 to 12 month plan, and even so, you wouldn't end up finishing any earlier. He did mention that after the final issue comes out that a "all in one shipment" option will be available.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back