Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this?

I know there was some delay in the US regarding getting some recent issues, but has anyone in Canada received there Issue 11 yet? I got billed a couple of days ago for Issue 12.

I got my Issue 11 last month and just received Issue 12 yesterday. I haven't had any problems so far.

I got my Issue 11 last month and just received Issue 12 yesterday. I haven't had any problems so far.

Thanks for replying.
I got my shipping notice for it going out on the 12 of January. It has been 8 business days as of today. I guess I'll give them a call on Monday and check up on it. My month 12 order went out on the 20th.

TazMan2000

Month 12 I paid on 12/22, got the shipping notice on the 1/12, Month 12 arrived yesterday. This was the longest shipping window for any of my monthly shipments. Month 13 was billed on 1/22, so in usual fashion I hope to get my shipping notice for month 13 on 2/9. You could have been the 1st person with an American Subscription, but could have gotten caught up in the shipping mess of 10,11, & 12, and ended up getting stuff with the last run of shipments. They show no favoritism at DeAgostini and graciously help everyone that calls them with any problems. Being in Customer Service has to be a pain in the rear, all the me & I generation that now demands, never asks politely.

I'm trying to wrap my head around this, and I can't find the post that addresses this, because I wish this could be PM, instead. But, in some places like England, people talk about getting this at a magazine stand. I can't imagine how this works. It's such a small, niche market, I can't imagine any kind of magazine stand or magazine retailer anywhere in the U.S. selling this. There are questions like, who is even gonna come by here and be interested in throwing down 15 or 20 bucks for a small part of a model randomly (especially given the regression of the hobby and closing of LHSs left and right). And what happens if you randomly come across and they are on issue 7? Or if you do start at the beginning and forget to go or can't go there for a week? Of you go there in week 7 and they're out of that issue? Of if you just heard about it and want to support your local magazine stand? And where does it fit on the racks? And how many subscriptions does a stand stock up on? Seriously. People can go without People (magazine) for week. People can randomly pick up People this week because there is an article on XYZ in it. If they're addicted to People and it's sold out, they can just go just go down the road. But seriously, for people in those places, how does all this work? (Now, selling it to individual subscribers makes so much more sense.)

I'm trying to wrap my head around this, and I can't find the post that addresses this, because I wish this could be PM, instead. But, in some places like England, people talk about getting this at a magazine stand. I can't imagine how this works. It's such a small, niche market, I can't imagine any kind of magazine stand or magazine retailer anywhere in the U.S. selling this. There are questions like, who is even gonna come by here and be interested in throwing down 15 or 20 bucks for a small part of a model randomly (especially given the regression of the hobby and closing of LHSs left and right). And what happens if you randomly come across and they are on issue 7? Or if you do start at the beginning and forget to go or can't go there for a week? Of you go there in week 7 and they're out of that issue? Of if you just heard about it and want to support your local magazine stand? And where does it fit on the racks? And how many subscriptions does a stand stock up on? Seriously. People can go without People (magazine) for week. People can randomly pick up People this week because there is an article on XYZ in it. If they're addicted to People and it's sold out, they can just go just go down the road. But seriously, for people in those places, how does all this work? (Now, selling it to individual subscribers makes so much more sense.)

?? i dont really understand what you are trying to say ask..
But Number 1 2 3 were on the racks anybody can come and pick them up ///
after that... You need to ask your Local store to keep the magazine going for you .. is like a subscription without a contract ..
My local agent got me numbers every Wednesday .- ( not on display ) just reserved for me.

?? i dont really understand what you are trying to say ask..
But Number 1 2 3 were on the racks anybody can come and pick them up ///
after that... You need to ask your Local store to keep the magazine going for you .. is like a subscription without a contract ..
My local agent got me numbers every Wednesday .- ( not on display ) just reserved for me.
That makes a little more sense than a magazine seller simply including this with all the other magazines.

My local newsagent here in the UK where I pick up my copy of BtMF occasionally has issues available off the shelf too. The way it works here is that if they do not sell the copies of the magazine during the period of availability they can return it to the publisher for a refund, so they don't lose money. With other magazines, periodicals and newspapers they usually just rip off the front covers and return them alone for the refunds and throw the rest of it in the bin. I believe that this works the same way in the book selling industry which is why you see the disclaimer inside that says it is illegal to sell or resell the book without its original cover. Or that's my understanding of the way it works anyway...

... The way it works here is that if they do not sell the copies of the magazine during the period of availability they can return it to the publisher for a refund, so they don't lose money. With other magazines, periodicals and newspapers they usually just rip off the front covers and return them alone for the refunds and throw the rest of it in the bin. ...

In Germany it works exactly the same way. With newspapers we even just rip off the part with the title and date, not the whole cover page (I used to work on a newsstand). :)

This was a test-built of a vent grill.
millennium falcon  vent grill.jpg

millennium falcon  vent grill.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My local newsagent here in the UK where I pick up my copy of BtMF occasionally has issues available off the shelf too. The way it works here is that if they do not sell the copies of the magazine during the period of availability they can return it to the publisher for a refund, so they don't lose money. With other magazines, periodicals and newspapers they usually just rip off the front covers and return them alone for the refunds and throw the rest of it in the bin. I believe that this works the same way in the book selling industry which is why you see the disclaimer inside that says it is illegal to sell or resell the book without its original cover. Or that's my understanding of the way it works anyway...
Another thing that is different with the build the millennium falcon deagostini over older ones , they have cleverly packaged these so that when they are returned the contents can be repackaged for use in other regions, other deagostini series I would always see for sale in the cheap bin ( marvel encyclopaedia , or marvel chess set issues are always available cheap ) but it looks like the falcon issues are being sent back ( unless employees are taking them all)

That looks beautiful! Would be interested in some of those if we can figure out how to include the vent details underneath with the framework. BTW that looks like a photo of the Tie Killer Y-Wing behind. Is that an actual photo of the studio model?
I want to make another test with a thinner wire.
I'll have to wait more then one year for the DeAgostini parts to solve the problem with the framework
The Y-wing behind is the box of the Bandai kit

Alric
If you go to the following URL you should be able to navigate to the issue you want and complete the order as a 'guest' without having to login or create an account. Hope that helps.
http://shop.deagostini.co.uk/featured/build-the-millennium-falcon/

Thanks Mikos I did manage to find the back issues, they do not make it very easy to find from the main page :)

It's probably the smallest part of the entire kit I have managed to lose so I am carefully checking all my storage pots to try to find it before I get another copy.

Alric

I finally got my Shipment 12 yesterday! Took long enough but not as long as 11. When 13 gets here I'll finally be able to start painting the lower hull!

I finally got my Shipment 12 yesterday! Took long enough but not as long as 11. When 13 gets here I'll finally be able to start painting the lower hull!
If you are going to paint the hull in 2 separate halves, you actually have everything you need now. You already have all the pieces for issue 49's build. Just look at the build log on the Deago website or reference photos for placement. Issues 50-52 are all upper hull. Have fun!

If you are going to paint the hull in 2 separate halves, you actually have everything you need now. You already have all the pieces for issue 49's build. Just look at the build log on the Deago website or reference photos for placement. Issues 50-52 are all upper hull. Have fun!

Shipment 12 got me up to Issue 48... still missing the other half of the large gear bay and the second bay... I think those come in 49/50... maybe i'm wrong... I've got parts everywhere! LOL

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back