Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this?

OK.... Finally... After being billed on the 21st of Dec, I have yet to have received my month 11 shipment, but this morning I got some happy news!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Dear JAMES,

We are happy to let you know your ModelSpace order 219690-3149-CTY10 has shipped! You can expect your order to be delievered with 6 - 8 business days. While you wait you can start connecting with our community of modelers on our ModelSpace Forum.

Sincerely,
[URL="http://www.Model-Space.com"]www.Model-Space.com[/URL]
The following items have been shipped:

Qty
Product
Unit Price
Shipping
Tax
Subtotal
SW Millennium Falcon Month 11
$59.99
$6.99
$0.00
$66.98
Total:
$66.98

Now what gets me is that I was so looking forward to spending my Christmas with a new package of parts and get around to painting the bottom finally. Had 2 weeks off, nothing better to do... but now it looks like it will arrive around the same time I get billed for shipment 12, but that also means I'll end up getting 2 shipments back-to-back basically. Am having building withdrawals badly!! Sad part is is that now I'm back to work and there goes all my building time! :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Im gonna order the paragraphix stuff, then start opening packs etc. The Space model online tutorials will help me keep things sorted.

I got billed for 12 yesterday and got shipping notice for 11 this morning.

Tom

Tom,

I received 12 yesterday and still have not received 11. Sent ANOTHER email to customer service and about an hour later I received notification that 11 shipped.

Hate the shipping problems, but love the product and the customer service has been great.

Darren

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would just like to say a huge thank you to the Deagostini Admin staff...I am on issue 24 at the moment and asked if I could catch up to 53 with my next delivery..

They said yes, so I have a bumper batch coming and once it arrives in a week or two, start my build.

So great job Deag...firstly for the oppurtunity to build a studio scale Falcon and secondly for assisting me in catching up. Top work all round :thumbsup

I have not decided as yet whether to build the interior...I guess it depends on how easy it is to remove the panels to see inside. Are the mountings for the removable panels on magnets or screws?

Decisions Decisions

Looks like I'm gonna subscribe as well. The German version has just started over here.
Since different countries are already further ahead, I suppose whenever I run into any questions or problems, I can easily find a solution online.
One thing I hope I will be able to do (as I have never tried that) is using fiber optics for the pit. (Other than detailing it more, like so many of you guys do)

So far I've been mostly doing 1/32 Luftwaffe planes. I got the basic modelling stuff mastered, but this timeI really want to get everything right and use styrene strips to scratchbuild etc.

Anyway, looking forward to a fun build!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

There ye go boys and no girls..
up to 54 ( Wednesday 13 - 01 -2016 )
IMG_8548.JPGIMG_8547.JPG

What's with the "rectanna" reference?

Odd

"A rectenna was a large dish-shaped sensor and communication array installed on a starship. Rectennas were commonly installed on YT-1300 light freighters such as Millennium Falcon, which possessed an ANq-51 sensor array computer and rectenna made by the Fabritech Corporation that included both active and passive sensors, powerful jammers, intership transmitters, and short-range target acquisition systems. The falcon's own rectenna was lost at the Battle of Endor "

Theres a Ton of Falcon painting tutorials on Youtube,not to mention all the build diaries on numerous forums, i hadn't painted a model of any kind for 20 years lol, but i done a bit of home work on the internet and i managed to learn enough to be happy with my progress so far, not to mention having a ton of fun in the process!
Educate yourself,practice and just go for it, you might surprise yourself :)

Heres mine so far ...
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg192/daz1999/DSC_0205_zps227llokx.jpg

It won't be as good as some,not by a long shot but so far I'm happy, a lot better than i ever could have imagined (to my relief )

Go for it!

your streaks are going the wrong direction, you have some correct on the outside, but all of them should be going from the outside in since that's the bottom

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back