Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this?

If hot toys can make a 1/6th scale back to the future car for $689.99 that lights up all over the place, I don't think it's impossible for someone like HOT TOYS to make a falcon. I actually predict (RIGHT HERE) that within the next 5 years we will get such a product from them.

The merchandising licenses to manufacture replicas and toys are expensive to buy and the competition for the rights for Star Wars will have been intense. I doubt Lucasfilm or Disney will agree to ever sell them cheaply and will have exacting standards for the finished items .
Therefore the only way to make a reasonable profit from what they finally manufacture is to shift reasonable volumes of that product. Given that the MR SS Falcon already represented a first worldwide release and the Deagostini replica will take another potentially huge slice of that market at a “reasonable” price,It would make a third run for a SS MF fairly unlikely.

Yes me. I was kind of hoping i could get some help correcting the modelling errors in the issue one hull plating.

this is what I did to mine Eb..

image.jpgimage.jpg

The merchandising licenses to manufacture replicas and toys are expensive to buy and the competition for the rights for Star Wars will have been intense. I doubt Lucasfilm or Disney will agree to ever sell them cheaply and will have exacting standards for the finished items .
Therefore the only way to make a reasonable profit from what they finally manufacture is to shift reasonable volumes of that product. Given that the MR SS Falcon already represented a first worldwide release and the Deagostini replica will take another potentially huge slice of that market at a “reasonable” price,It would make a third run for a SS MF fairly unlikely.
We shall have to agree to disagree. There are more and more HIGH-END collectibles being sold and advances in production that make this possible to make. Hot toys already has a license to do star wars, and its very clear that MOST of these star wars licenses are in no way exclusive. I would also argue that DISNEY may not have the high standards you have assigned to them. Just take a look at the DISNEY store falcon. It's a horrible die-cast falcon with a shoddy paint job. Now, of course thats just a 20 buck toy, but just because Disney has to approve items does not mean it always hold out for fine quality. Being that the FALCON is in the new star wars I think you will actually see not 1, but several HIGH-END falcons for sale over the coming years. I mean if sideshow and hot toys can both produce $300 darth vader figures at almost the same time, there can be falcons side by side. Also keep in mind disney will license STAR WARS to say BANDAI who will make awesome X-wings and tie fighters for the overseas markets which get imported easily. Then they get some US model maker to make the USA ones. The final point to be made is...look what HASBRO just gave us...The best falcon they have ever made for $60 bucks! I think there is plenty of room for an even better falcon. As someone who has more that one darth vader...its not often you get a collectible thats not done better in a few years later.

I like it.

How did you do that to the top edge of the sides...?

I used a needle file along the top edge where the original cutouts are as a guide then very carefully using an Xacto chisel blade carved out the notches. Not perfect but it solves something. If I didn't have to do anything to it then there would be no point in collecting it. Any modeller will have a tinker with just about anything to improve/correct and make our models personal. It's what we do. :)

Spencer

We shall have to agree to disagree. There are more and more HIGH-END collectibles being sold and advances in production that make this possible to make. Hot toys already has a license to do star wars, and its very clear that MOST of these star wars licenses are in no way exclusive. I would also argue that DISNEY may not have the high standards you have assigned to them. Just take a look at the DISNEY store falcon. It's a horrible die-cast falcon with a shoddy paint job. Now, of course thats just a 20 buck toy, but just because Disney has to approve items does not mean it always hold out for fine quality. Being that the FALCON is in the new star wars I think you will actually see not 1, but several HIGH-END falcons for sale over the coming years. I mean if sideshow and hot toys can both produce $300 darth vader figures at almost the same time, there can be falcons side by side. Also keep in mind disney will license STAR WARS to say BANDAI who will make awesome X-wings and tie fighters for the overseas markets which get imported easily. Then they get some US model maker to make the USA ones. The final point to be made is...look what HASBRO just gave us...The best falcon they have ever made for $60 bucks! I think there is plenty of room for an even better falcon. As someone who has more that one darth vader...its not often you get a collectible thats not done better in a few years later.

Agreed. Disney did not buy Star Wars just for the films. Lucas made far more of his money from merchandising based on his fluke luck deal.

We will see other S.S. Quality Falcons and other ships. Guaranteed.

This is the film everyone wanted to see. No one wanted the prequels and look how much came out.

Anvos, EFX, Sideshow, There is gonna be a huge flood of high end stuff coming. What was just Master Replicas, after Icons and Illusive, is now spread to multiple companies making some pretty amazing stuff.

Prepare yourselves, and your bank accounts.

You cannot get bandai here in ireland yet , I have checked with a number of major toy chains who are all linked in with airfix and revell , they won't care that these kits are better quality , I though that bandai had taken what was effectively fine moulds licence , as they refused to pay what disney were looking for ? Is this true
while there are many dedicated model shops in Europe bandai is not really well known except for Japanese kit fans .
Hasbro released their product list, hiding any clues to particular characters or vehicles however at this stage I am not seeing anything exciting , micro machines again may have better moulding but this is not innovative , black series diecast vehicles willbe cool, but again hardly bleeding edge , I hope your right but at this stage disney are in it for the money and were are already seeing manufacturing companies dropping out .
http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/features/397635-the-star-wars-news-roundup-1-9-15

Signing up as soon as this hits the states. But out of curiosity, what tools will I be needing to assemble this whole thing?

I don't have any experience with DeAgostini models. But looking at their web site of cars and planes, I'm impressed with their willingness to cast many parts in metal. In particular I'm really tempted to build their 1/8 scale Countach. Anyone have a guess as to the final weight that this falcon will be? Compared to say a MR.

You cannot get bandai here in ireland yet , I have checked with a number of major toy chains who are all linked in with airfix and revell , they won't care that these kits are better quality , I though that bandai had taken what was effectively fine moulds licence , as they refused to pay what disney were looking for ? Is this true
while there are many dedicated model shops in Europe bandai is not really well known except for Japanese kit fans .
Hasbro released their product list, hiding any clues to particular characters or vehicles however at this stage I am not seeing anything exciting , micro machines again may have better moulding but this is not innovative , black series diecast vehicles willbe cool, but again hardly bleeding edge , I hope your right but at this stage disney are in it for the money and were are already seeing manufacturing companies dropping out .
http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/features/397635-the-star-wars-news-roundup-1-9-15

Bandai kits in the USA are IMPORTS. So you'd have to buy from a store that carries them. I have the X-wing and Darth's Tie. They look nice, but are very small. I got mine from "BIGBADTOYSTORE" which, by the way, ships to most countries around the world...so if you really wanted them...go look there! :) No major chain in the USA is going to be stocking these, but they are easy to get.Look at on-line stores...

Not to sound like a fan-boy, but I'm most excited by the HOT TOYS line. That's why I am hoping they do some ships along with their figures.Of course its not a slam dunk that will happen. The way licensed stuff works is funny... Normally one company in one country will get a license to do "X" and then they sell the same right to another company in another country. Then it gets weird..This company can make figures, but only at this size... Well this company can also make figures, but since they don't have the legs..well its a bust and thats different. This other company can't make toys, but now they can make pre-painted models...which looks a lot like a collectible ship...no no..its a model!..but we painted it! :)

I did have another example of Disney not being on quality issues. Those Disney store die-cast ships. Look at the X-wing. The wings are wayyyyy to long/wide. They didn't say, hey you guys fix this. They said...whatever..ship it. Only their STAR DESTORYER and LANDSPEEDER are good.

A screwdriver (which they give you with the first issue). And that's about it.

A screw driver is supplied in the second issue but if you want to assemble the quad gun from the first issue then you can if you have the correct size driver to hand already. DeaGostini will almost always supply you with the basic tools for you to build any of there models but as we all know there will be other materials needed as with any model.

spencer

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back