Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this?

There is a national advert on the TV for it. 100 issues at 8.99GBP per issue, its not going to be a cheap ship.

Collections like this are never cheap. But since you can pay in 25 steps over two years, it doesn't hurt so much. :)

Here's some comparison pics i took of the initial release parts and the newly released parts. Old parts left, new bits right.
Falconbits 003.JPGFalconbits 001.JPG
Falconbits 005.JPGFalconbits 004.JPG
Falconbits 007.JPGFalconbits 006.JPG
Falconbits 009.JPGFalconbits 008.JPG
Falconbits 011.JPGFalconbits 010.JPG
Rich

Looks like they redesigned the parts for this since the last time

I'm very tempted to subscribe to this looks like a nice project

does anybody know if the redesign makes it more accurate ?

Whats tbe the quality like ?

Looks like they have really changed the pieces. I am not a mf expert put it looks better from the little I know. I REALLY hope they bring this to the usa. It will probably be the only way for me to get a nice mf.

Substantial improvement!
I was about to start scratching my own, but I think I'm now swayed to get this and then re-detail what's needed, give it a complete new paint job.

L

I was sceptical about this and scoffed when I heard of this the first time. But having purchased the first issue I'm sold. I never thought I'd buy into this but it looks like alot of fun. On the guns - yes they need to be painted - a little mix of tamiya white and deck tan should blend it all in. The one thing that attracts me is that I prospectively control the build and can modify it as I go and I don't have to deal with the real estate of a large mirrored base that came with the MR Falcon - that put me off big time. Furthermore its a more fiscally viable option for getting a falcon that's c;lose to the miniature.

However ever cautious I'll purchase a few more issues before I actually commit to a subscription.

I'm sold on this build too. At first I was also very skeptical, but having picked up the first issue I can say that the quality and detail of the parts (so far) is absolutely first rate. Having compared the initial piece of hull plate to its counterpart on the MR model, I'd even go as far as to say that the clarity and quality of the detailing is if anything slightly better. Certainly way better than the initial test pieces from last year. I'm also very drawn to the fact that this is a true kit and not a pre-built collectible, like the MR model, as there's so much scope for customisation and super detailing. The interior detailing is another cool feature that can be taken as far as you want. Let's just hope all the other parts are as good as what we've seen so far and no corners are cut, such as mirrored mandibles etc. I've never done a part-work build like this before, so I'm really looking forward to getting stuck into it and seeing other peoples progress.

Going back to page 2 of this thread you can see MaNdAlOr had posted a comparison of the DeAgostini's poor quality compared to the excellent Master Replica detail

Comparison between Deagostini and MR Falcon part section. A good approach but no comparison to MR Falcon or the real deal I think.
View attachment 303419

I've updated his photo with the detail of the DeAgostini now,.......

Comparison_zps0eea3675.jpg

Somebody has been busy!!

I recon by the end of this collection with a bit of work (painting & weathering) the DeAgostini will make the MR look a bit lazy looking,......This new Falcon will have areas to open up,.....have more to look at,.....can you imagine how much a completed one could sell for???

I think it is brilliant,.....don't know if I can afford it though

J

Well, I'm sold. Just signed up. Good thing is, you can pull out at any time (not that I intend to), and you get a few extra freebies thrown in.

This will make up for passing on the MR Falcon when they were going for £800 at Play.com.

tried to make an account at their site..but when you log on..it goes back to log on screen...Nothing says anything was wrong either...

This is going to be amazing! Does anyone know however if they are obligated to carry this through to completion if they start it? I can imagine how disturbing it would be to get a year into this, with considerable money invested, and they decide to shelve it. Must say though that if this comes to the state's early this year and is followed through, it will indeed be a dream come true for any Falcon fan. :)

This is going to be amazing! Does anyone know however if they are obligated to carry this through to completion if they start it? I can imagine how disturbing it would be to get a year into this, with considerable money invested, and they decide to shelve it. Must say though that if this comes to the state's early this year and is followed through, it will indeed be a dream come true for any Falcon fan. :)
I'm sure they put a warning in small print someplace that they can discontinue it at any time. They would be crazy not to. Hopefully they would not want the bad press from doing that..and that will keep them honest...They better release it in USA THO..I'd hate to see the EBAY prices on these if they don't

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back