Where did the mirror from "Oculus" come from?

GeneralFROSTY

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm guessing this was a completely custom prop for the movie.
I love the creepy evil design and would be down for a replica.
Trying to find images online, but maybe more info after the release of the film.

The Mirror was custom made for the movie, I will ask my friend Courtney she might remember the guy's name. they shot the film in my town, well across the bay. She was Karen's double for the film.

I just picked up the film last night for screengrabs. I don't have room for a full sized replica, but I was planning on sculpting a scaled down version.

Dracosfire83, that's the same as the one I linked to earlier. The sides are exactly the same, but the middle section of both the top and bottom are different.

Dracosfire83, that's the same as the one I linked to earlier. The sides are exactly the same, but the middle section of both the top and bottom are different.
Not quite, you can't really tell on film, but maybe in a few scenes, but there is a lot of detail hidden in the frame. ton of little people and things fornicating mostly.

Seriously considering having this made.
My father is a master woodworker, he says he could make the master for molding, only question is, is there enough of a market for this item?
Replicas would be cast in high end quality resin and the mirror would be totally custom made and hand aged.
Price range for a prop of this size, taking into account material cost, would be expensive.
It is a big daydream of mine to pursue it though...

GeneralFROSTY if you could get your father to make a replica of the mirror I would be very interested in buying one. I bought the monte paraiso from Howard Elliott and although it's exquisite it is somewhat different. I have it hanging in my bedroom but would love to buy a good replica for my office.

The monte paraiso mirror was the one used for the original oculus short film. For the movie Russell Barnes and Bruce Larsen worked together to redesign and build the mirror using steel and fiberglass. The monte paraiso one is 5' tall by 3' wide. The oculus one seems to be larger though.

I will soon be offering 1/6 scale replicas (to compliment a Hot Toys collection) and will hopefully raise enough funds to have the full sized replica made.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back